If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Monthly Recap: January 2019


January!

This year started off with a bang! I was riding the high of my allergy eyedrops so I was speeding through quite a few books. Now that has come to an end. Apparently, if I use these eye drops (this is the rule for most eyedrops that help alleviate allergy symptoms) continuously for a long period of time the side effects can essentially triple my allergic reaction. So the next few weeks are going to be SO much fun while I wait out 30 days to buy another glorious bottle of the miracle medication. 

So with that being said, I don't think I've ever read this much in a month! Stockpiling reviews and discussion posts is going to be the way from here on out if I want to still have an active blog on the "bad" days where my eyes are concerned. Here's to a new normal and maybe eventually moving out of this city in a year or two!

Books I Read & Listened
To In January

  • Breathing Lies By Jessica Sorensen - This book captured me in a way I wasn't expecting it to. I liked the overall dynamic the plot had in keeping the reader/the main character in the dark but it got frustrating by the second half. (Full review coming soon!)
  • A Sucky Love Story By Brittani Louise Taylor -  If nothing else, everyone should take this book as a cautionary tale in dating. Maybe before you meet up with someone do some digging online to make sure they're legitimate? (Full review coming soon!)
  • Our Final Tale By Bella JewelThis was a good book with a solid story and a nice overall pace to everything. This was exactly what I was looking for during the time I read it. (Full review coming soon!)
  • Prisoner Of Night By J. R. Ward - This is what I wish every Black Dagger Brotherhood novel would be like! It's one condensed complete adventure/story prominently featuring one couple and setting up a possible next book in the last chapter or two. (Full review coming soon!)
  • Sin & Magic By K. F. Breene - This novel started off good but by the middle it started dragging on. There's only so much a secondary character can do to keep me interested in the story. (Full review coming soon!)
  • Hard Limit By Sybil BartelAnti-heroes aren't something that I look forward to reading about. Especially considering the part Candle AKA Tarquin plays in a few other novels in this author's other series. (Full review coming soon!)
  • Nevermore By Dannika DarkTo tell you the truth I tried to make the audio book to this novel last. I didn't succeed very well considering I read it in 8 days but I sure tried to string this along and milk it for all it was worth. (My review is live here!)
  • Shadow Walker By Anya J. CosgroveI'm surprised by how much I liked this book and how much sleep I lost while making my way through it! The strange thing is that I usually dislike books that feature love triangles. (My review will be live on Feb. 4th!)
  • Witchblade (2017) #11 - Things are finally going somewhere! Things moved quicker in this issue when you compare it to everything at has been released so far. (My review is live here!)
Books I Can't Wait To Get My Hands On In February
* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

28th

(Audio Book)


Here's What Happened On This Blog In January

I rambled on about the following topics:

I reviewed the following books & audio books:

I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday Meme:
Awesome Posts I Came Across In January


    What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
    Let me know in the comments below!

    Mikky Sig 2

    4 comments:

    1. Allergies shouldn't exist, it's just that simple. Sorry to hear about the side effects though. :(

      I love that cover of Two Witches and a Whiskey so much. They look so fun!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I totally agree! Allergies should be banned from existing. It sucks :/
        The Guild Codex series by Annette Marie is so much fun! The cover to the fourth book just got revealed and it's amazing!

        Delete
      2. Ooh I can't wait to see it! I love how fast those are coming out... :)

        Delete
      3. After the fourth book the author said she's going to take a break from the series and focus on other projects. So things will probably slow down for the series. I hope there's a fifth book on the horizon though :)

        Delete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...