If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 22, 2022

Audio Book Review: Road To Winter By Lily Archer

Road To Winter
(Fae's Captive #2)
By Lily Archer

Narrated By: Shane East & Mackenzie Cartwright
Length: 2 hours and 58 minutes

The fae king is growing on me. Every touch, look, and night spent in his arms is slowly melting my resistance. When his feral side takes over, something inside me wants to let go and give him everything. With each passing day, the pull is getting harder to deny...

But, the road to the winter realm is full of danger. And, I need to concentrate on finding my way home, not on the promises of pleasure Leander whispers in my ear at night. Even so, how long can I resist the intoxicating kiss of winter?
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

There's not much to say if you've read my review of book 1 (here). These seem to be getting shorter as they go and not much happened in the small time frame this novella took place in. 

The characters didn't evolve too much. It feels like they're stuck in the same place, to be frank. They seem to be on this never-ending journey and they never get to where they need to go. I wish this novella had been attached to the first book because it would have made things a lot better and I wouldn't feel like I'm being strung along.

The Audio Book:

This wasn't my favorite narration of a book. I'm not a fan of male narrations but between the woman and man narrating this, I prefer his narration. Both don't have much range in accents and voice tones. I started getting lost on which characters were having a conversation because there was barely any differentiation between them. I wouldn't recommend the audio book to this novella. I only picked up this audio because I was having a bad allergy day (that makes reading uncomfortable because my eyes felt like they were on fire). 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...