If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, February 1, 2019

My Ramblings: Life & Reading

Life & Reading

I've learned the hard way that I'm a very anxious person. If things start to go array, be it the smallest of things, it feels like its Game Over before I even hit play. I've also learned in my little over two decades on this earth that life has a way of helping you up only to smack you right down a few moments later. It's like being on Cloud 9 in one moment and wondering where you are and why it's all of a sudden so hot in the next moment.

With all that being said, reading can be a hard activity to focus on. I'll have great days/weeks (when my eyes are cooperating on not having an overreaction to microparticles in the air) where I'll read 3 books in a week (which is like speed reading for me) and I'll want to read all the books. Then there are those weeks in between when things get wonky in life and I don't feel like even looking at a book at any given moment of the day. It's more of an annoyance then an actual problem because I like blogging about what I read and writing reviews. Reading is a hobby I enjoy doing.

Does life ever get in the way of you and your books?
I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Life DEFINITELY gets in the way of reading sometimes! I'll go a good week or even longer without reading a book at times, and then other times I'll read a few back to back. That kinda happened to start this year off actually- for the first two weeks or so of 2019 I hardly picked up a book, just wasn't feeling it, and then bam I've been a reading machine the last few days lol.

    And yeah anxiety and life stuff definitely has an impact, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only life were more consistent! I had a great reading month in January but I don't want to even pick up a book :)

      Delete
  2. My eyes are a problem for me too, so I totally understand your frustration. I hate when I am having time management issues due to my commute as well. There have been days where I was forced to drive to work and missed out on a good 2.5 - 3 hours of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why must our bodies revolt!? Reading is a good hobby to have why did our eyes not get the memo? All that glorious reading time essentially wasted driving. I totally understand the frustration. Life happens all we can do is try and make peace with it I guess :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...