If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Standalone Books That Need a Sequel

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Standalone Books That
Need a Sequel

* Book covers linked to my review.

1. The Big Bad Wolf
By Jus Accardo

The world and characters the author brought to life in this book are so fascinating! After the ending, I still want to know what other adventures they got into. Even if they settled down and started a family maybe they're heir could be aged up and find his/her mate. I just want to know more!


2. Bound To You
By Alyssa Brandon

This book ended in a weird way. Nothing was resolved and we're left with more questions and barely any answers. It feels like it needs a sequel to start making any kind of sense but (as far as I know) one hasn't been announced.


3. Brooding YA Hero
By Carrie Ann DiRisio

This novel was just too cute! I want to know more about the sarcastic and sometimes too involved in themselves character the author created and the other characters she hinted at during the novel. I want to know more about their perspectives and what trouble they can get into with cliched tropes and whatnot.


4. Mistaken Identity
By M. C. Jackson

This novel deals with mental illness and even though it ends as well as can be expected (Kind of Spoiler-ish with the main character accepting the help she needs). I want to know what happens next for her. What she's been through doesn't just go away one bright and shiny day. I want to see how she deals with it while fully immersed in the world and holding down a job and whatnot.

5. Painting Sky
By Rita Branches

I know the author has said there is a sequel to this novel in the works. I know it's been years. I still want more books featuring the other characters in the novel and their happy ending! I adored this author's writing and I'm so hyped for her future book releases (even though it's been years. Plural.)



What standalone books do you want to wish into existence? 
Let me know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on Brooding YA Hero.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Brooding YA Hero looks really fun, I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Brooding YA Hero is such a cute story with a lot of quotable moments when taken out of context :)

      Delete
  3. Bound To You definitely sounds like it needs a follow up! I hate it when books end like that! And Brooding YA Hero looks like a blast. We need more humorous books like that!

    I hope you get that sequel to Painting Sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had I known that Bound To You would end like that I would have thought twice about picking it up before a sequel was announced. Brooding YA Hero was awesome! We do need more books like that :)
      I hope so too :)

      Delete
  4. Brooding YA Hero was amusing. I love his tweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His tweets are awesome! I only know about the book because someone I follow retweeted a tweet from him in the first place :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...