If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 3, 2018

Book Review: Bound To You By Alyssa Brandon

Bound To You
By Alyssa Brandon 

A teen werewolf finally meets her destined soulmate only to discover that he's not quite what she expected in this steamy debut romance.

She's met her mate ... and he's met his match.

Megan Ross has been waiting her whole life for her mate to come and sweep her off her feet. But the wolf she meets on the beach is NOT the sweet gentle boy she's been dreaming of. Instead, he's a warrior, one whose suffering has led him to lock his heart away in a prison as cold and hard as a diamond, who fights to resist the bond and their deep sexual attraction.

Far from home, with a soulmate who is still a stranger, Megan learns that the path to true love isn't quite as straight and easy as she thought.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

This story started off very good. The character's felt realistic and the problems brought up were very much plausible and would make for an interesting story. Halfway through the book, I don't know what went so wrong. It felt like the end of this book was missing because the only thing that was resolved was the differences the couple had.

Megan started off as a great character. She's 18 and has always dreamed of finding her mate to the point of wanting it to be a fairytale, which was naive of her, but still very sweet. Halfway through the book, she becomes a whiny brat and at the almost end she starts to justify how her mate treated her because of his bad past. In my world regardless of what you've been through it doesn't give anyone the right to mistreat anyone.

James went from mysterious stranger, to jack*ss of the century, to caring and sweet in the span of this novel. I started off giving him the benefit of the doubt and ended up despising him. There was no in between with him, it was either all or nothing. The biggest problem his relationship with Megan had could have easily been resolved by sitting down and talking it out. Instead, both parties chose to avoid each other.

At one point, I started hoping that the mating with James was a fluke and that Robin or Tommy were the potential suitors. Unlike James, they were sweet, open to conversation and treated Megan like a person from the beginning. I'd really love to see them get a happy ending.

The overall writing and pacing were good, but there were some parts of the book where there were too many descriptions and in other parts I was left to fill in the blanks myself. The overuse of the words 'alpha' and 'dominant' got old very quickly. The character monologues were also very repetitive which only served to fill up space.

I was almost positive that this book was going to end by either setting up a new character spin-off (because of how present Robin and Tommy were in this story) or by killing off the evil things mentioned in the novel. None of those things happened and I'm still confused about it. Maybe I'm so used to spin-off novels of different characters in the stories I read that I assumed wrong with this novel.

A Note: When I first saw the cover I thought this was going to be a 50 Shades type book and the synopsis doesn't help clear that up. It was only after I saw this marked as 'young adult' that my interests were piqued. After reading the story and somewhat understanding the red ribbon ritual it does go well with the book. Though I think it could have been done better because anyone who looks at this cover will not think young adult first.

My Favorite Quotes:

"[He was] right about time being a lie. Because there was no time in the pain. It was endless. "

"Life isn't a fairy tale. You don't go through trails and everything works out perfectly. Life is hard and messy. All the time."

"Sail at your own peril. For once lost, we stay forever ... empty. Then time lies and forever ends."

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it doesn't really look young adult, does it? Sorry this was a bit disappoiting. James does sound like a jerk and too bad Megan went downhill! I don't really get why so many authors overdo the alpha thing- yeah I know werewolf pack dynamics and all that, but they don't have to be an ass do they? That just seems way too common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to talk to the company/person that designed this cover because it screams a lot of things but YA is not one of them. Werewolf pack dynamics can be very fascinating, but making it so the "alpha" is an A hole is such a turn off. Since when is being a jerk to everyone around you synonymous with respect? I totally agree with you, it's too common in stories. I would love to see a different spin on it in books in general :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...