If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Unpopular Bookish Opinions

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Unpopular Bookish Opinions

1. Books are meant to be respected and nurtured. If you crack the spine of your books, bend them, etc. I will judge you silently for it.

2. Borrowing books is a no-no. I've had many people borrow a book from me and hand me back half a book. I'm not going through that again. At least have the courtesy of buying me a new book.

3. A rainbow bookshelf is not worth the hassle of not being able to find the books I want to find because there's no rhyme or reason for where each novel is located.

4. Eating and books don't go together. Unless you enjoy having your books contain your sticky fingerprints and coffee marks with bent edges then, by all means, go right ahead.

5. Book jackets should be replaceable. I.E. When I mistakenly rip an edge off of a book jacket and cry over my clumsiness I would love the opportunity to buy a replacement.

What's your most unpopular bookish opinion?
Let me know in the comments below!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I think you'd hate me haha. I break spines and dog-ear pages and snack all the time xD
    I definitely agree with the book jacket bit though, I'm always ripping mine. They're so delicate.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're evil incarnate for me! Oh the horror books must go through at your hands :D
      Right? Would it be that hard to sell them? :)

      Delete
  2. I wish it was possible to buy replacement dust jackets, too! I honestly think the publishing industry are missing out on something here. Like when they chance the covers of a series half-way through the series, why don't they sell dust jackets of the new designs for people who already own the book? Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me started on ever changing covers just because a new book is going to release! Would it kill them to publish a cohesive series and then after a few months change them up?! I never thought of that as a solution for the changing covers half-way through a series problem. That would actually be awesome!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't thought about that, but it would be totally awesome to be able to buy replacement jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read a book that has a jacket, I always removed it before I read it, and then only put it back when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also do that but I somehow find other ways to damage it. Sometimes it feels like even a strong wind will rip an edge off!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, eating and books definitely don't go together.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are book jackets so fragile? That's what I want to know. :)

    Yeah I don't eat around my books either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you find out please contact me because I too would love to know! :)

      Delete
  7. Replaceable dust jackets...what a cool idea! I've never thought about it before and now I don't know why it isn't already a thing.

    Will totally argue on eating while reading, though. It's so pleasant to enjoy two things at once! You just make sure there's one hand to turn pages and one to eat. Or at least a napkin handy. Food that requires a fork is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why isn't it already a thing is a GREAT question! When you get an answer to it please contact me :)

      If I weren't so clumsy, I'd say a hard maybe for eating and reading at the same time after reading your explanation :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...