If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 10, 2019

Book Review: Cursed Souls By Anya J. Cosgrove

Cursed Souls
(Bloody Hearts #3)
By Anya J. Cosgrove

Broken hearts are hard to mend, but what about shattered souls?

Alana certainly hadn’t put matching tattoos, samurai swords, and falling for her mortal enemy on her bucket list.

But now that she faces losing a man she might have broken beyond repair, there’s no time to waste. She’s willing to sacrifice everything to undo her mistake and earn back his trust.

Plagued with strange dreams full of bloody feathers, she struggles to resist the angel's heavenly thrall, but her newest and most insidious adversary isn't the only one on the hunt. There’s a bounty on her head, enemies are piling up, and secrets after secrets come to light.

Will the darkness within her prove to be her saving grace? Or will it her undoing?

The Bloody Hearts trilogy ends in May.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I've learned to be accepting of open-ended stories (which this one turned out to be). Even though I don't love them it gives me hope that there will be future books/novellas in this series.

I liked that Alana went after what she wanted in this story. The whole pining after someone is great and all but it does get old eventually. She took action and made him see what the situation was and make up his mind about it. I also loved how her power has been slowly growing over the course of the last two books and seeing what she's capable of doing now.

Liam was very wishy-washy this time around. He usually has this tough and aggressive exterior but Alana seems to thaw him out a bit. Not enough to stop with the back and forth but enough to make him want a future he isn't sure should even be an option.

I appreciate how big of a role the secondary characters played in this finale! They were fleshed out characters with their own distinct personalities and quirks that didn't get lost in the complicated plot this story featured. I would love to see a spin-off with Lilah and maybe even Thom. Vicky is getting her own series but reverse harem, even though it does go with who she is as a character, isn't for me.

The ending for now and the special bonus epilogue were sweet. Having them share a special moment after everything they been through was well deserved. I hope their story isn't over because I would love to go on another adventure with this group of characters in the future!

My Favorite Quotes:

"[...] You're not doing anyone a favor by making choices that makes you miserable."

"Alone, we survive. Together, we live."

"I'm no princess, and I don't want a damn prince. I want this. You. Me. Scars and all."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...