If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 22, 2019

Book Review: Witch's Honor By Anya J. Cosgrove

Witch's Honor
(Bloody Hearts #2)
By Anya J. Cosgrove


First rescued by two smoking-hot brothers and now torn between them, what’s a witch to do?

Be good? Or wicked…

Alana is still a long way from mastering her magic when she embarks on a journey to save other witches. Jealousy and secrets fester as she can’t help but fall for the two insanely similar but drastically different men in her life.

She has to choose between light or dark. Human or demon. Thom or Liam.

But her alluring roommates will soon be the least of her troubles. From deadly angels to uncovering her legacy as a Garrett witch, Alana’s life is about to change once again. And the maniacal demon that almost devoured her is still alive, biding his time…
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I didn't know what I was getting into when I started this series, but OMG I need more and that cliffhanger was so evil! This novel was such a roller coaster of emotional highs and lows and I enjoyed it tremendously.

Everybody took so many blows throughout this particular book. I was amazed they were even standing by the end. The story keeps getting more and more complicated with, what seems to be, impossible odds. It's building up to something and I can't even begin to guess where we'll go from here.

Alana was slightly infuriating in this novel. I can stand the love triangle because the characters are well written but her need to keep secrets really effed everyone over in the end. At this point, it feels like everything she touches turns to dust. It started getting infuriating by the second half but then things started picking up speed and before I knew it the book ended.

I'm a little shaky in the team I initially picked but I'm still sticking with Team Liam. Let's be honest and say that no one is perfect and every one of these characters has done some sort of unspeakable or morally ambiguous thing either in the past or present. So I guess I'm saying I'll defend Liam until the end? Ahh...I don't even know how I feel at this point with how things left off with him.

Thom is a mystery to me, still. He's human and he's in the supernatural world regardless of his decisions. Honestly, I have no clue how he's even still alive (though the book does justify this a bit but it's spoiler-y so I won't mention it). He's a likable and understanding guy but I prefer the tortured soul for Alana in this particular story.

The ending hurt something deep down that I never knew books and/or fictional characters could touch. I can't wait for the answers that will come from the final book in this trilogy. On a last note, I loved the glossary of terms at the beginning of the novel. It was just what I needed.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Maybe we didn't need to fit into one of society's neat little boxes."

"When dreams fizzle out and reality bleeds into shadows, how can you tell if you're awake?"

"There is no forever. There is only here and now."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...