If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Longest Books I’ve Ever Read

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Longest Books 
(That I Remember)
Ever Reading

*Book titles linked to Goodreads


Breaking Dawn
By Stephenie Meyer
- 756 pages

I read this series after the first movie got released. Fun Fact: Until writing this post I had NO CLUE that the last book was almost 800 pages long because I read this as an ebook on my phone, at the time, and it never clicked why it had quadruple the number of pages every other book I had read on it had. Boy am I surprised I managed to read this book in the first place! HA!
______________________________
Quite a few of the Black Dagger Brotherhood novels
By J. R. Ward

I have a love/hate relationship with this series. I prefer the first few books because they focused on characters I wanted to know about and they didn't have a huge secondary storyline running in between everything else. Some stories are more appreciated than others and the way the author intertwines everything is fantastic. The problem is that I'm not always interested in getting to know the other story and I get to skim a lot.
______________________________
Black Dagger Legacy Series By J. R. Ward

This series, on the other hand, I really enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I still have to skim a bit for storylines I don't want to read about. I like how the author is using the complex universe she created in a spin-off series while featuring new and old characters. I'm hoping to commit to this series and its characters so I don't get lost all the while keeping my laziness of reading 15+ books in the future at bay.
______________________________

Angelbound
By Christina Bauer
- 525 pages

I've realized that most books by this author are very long winded and slowly paced. They feature very interesting concepts but can't keep my attention without frustrating me. The audio book for this was almost 15 hours.


______________________________
Outtakes from the Grave
By Jeaniene Frost
- 427 pages

I adored this novel! This was 427 pages of pure gold for me (excuse my fangirling). Night Huntress is one of those series that has stood the test of time for me so anything extra I can get for this series is VERY appreciated!

What's the longest book you've read to this day?
I'd love to know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. I am seeing the Twilight books on a lot of lists. I never realized how long they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also just found out while reading other peoples posts how long the other books in the Twilight Series is. I read them on my phone so I'm still in shock I managed to read them in the first place. I sure was dedicated LOL!

      Delete
  2. Outtakes from the Grave- love that title! And I guess I never realized the Twilight books were that long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Night Huntress Series book titles are really interesting! We're not the only ones! Here's to reading on a phone and never actually looking up how long a book is so you don't get discouraged from reading it in the first place :)

      Delete
  3. I have not read any of the novels on your TTT post! They look like really good reads. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to get around to reading a few of them!

    Here’s a link to my TTT post this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/10/top-ten-tuesday-longest-books-ive-ever.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! I wouldn't necessarily recommend you read the Twilight series but you feel free to pick your poison :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...