If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 28, 2019

Audio Book Review: Nevermore By Dannika Dark

Nevermore
(Crossbreed #6)
By Dannika Dark

Length: 10 hours and 35 minutes
Narrator: Nicole Poole

Raven Black risks it all for loyalty and love in this stunning continuation in the USA Today bestselling Crossbreed series.

Raven returns to her childhood home to rebuild her severed relationship with her father. After a long year of capturing violent criminals and thwarting assassination plots, she could use a vacation.

But trouble is brewing on the home front. When Raven discovers her father is in financial peril, she’s determined to set things right even if it means sacrificing her heart in the process. Meanwhile, her relationship with Christian is on shaky ground when a skeleton falls out of his closet. Will they be able to leave the past behind, or is the trust between them dead and buried

When the bonds of love are put to the test, only the courageous will prevail.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

* Beware of spoilers for past novels in this series.

To tell you the truth I tried to make the audio book to this novel last. I didn't succeed very well considering I read it in 8 days but I sure tried to string this along and milk it for all it was worth. 

I have to say that I didn't dislike the road this novel ended up traveling. It was a departure from the loose formula past books have established. This was one of the more character driven books and considering I'm VERY invested in anything relating to this series I liked it regardless.

Raven just had the rug pulled from under her by a person she trusts. The events in this novel shows how she deals with that while still trying to solve a problem that's come up later on. Things eventually work out but it's a long road to get there. The outcome of everything though was totally worth it! 

Christian kind of proved himself worthy in this novel. I don't want to come right out and say it but OMG IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I'm so happy and yet skeptical of everything at this point. I'm scared this may be the calm before the storm just like Gaslight was the calm before the ending to Blackout hit.

I loved the new characters that have been introduced in this novel! So much fodder for even more spin-off novels. If only writing books were an easier and faster process. I'll take cliff notes at this point just to get a possible glimpse into what happens to them in the future!

The ending was so sweet! I can't wait for the next book in this series. It sounds like the next book may resume with the pre-established formula of solving crime and developing characters in the midst of it all.

The Audio Book:

Nicole Poole is at the top of my favorite narrator's list. We got off to a rocky start but I've learned to appreciate her voice with its beautiful range of accents and realistic male and female voices. This narration was no different!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...