If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 30, 2022

Audio Book Review: Quicksilver By Dannika Dark

Quicksilver
(Crossbreed #11)
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 13 hours and 5 minutes

In the world of crime fighting, Raven has learned that formal affairs are a necessary evil. So when Keystone receives an invitation to a winter ball, she tries to make the best of it. The most powerful elites in Cognito are attending—a perfect opportunity to network and have a few drinks. But when a guest hijacks the party in a violent display of dark power, chaos ensues.

It’s a race against time as Raven searches for a way to thwart his diabolical plan. Will Keystone find the fortitude to prevent the downfall of civilization? Or will they bow to a new king to save their souls?

“And a terrible curse befell the winter ball.”
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

I loved this story! I loved seeing Raven and Christian have sweet moments and banter together. I loved seeing how everyone worked together to solve a very big problem with life-altering consequences. Crush was fantastic and played a huge part in this adventure too!

The writing was great! The pacing was steady. I loved that there was never a dull moment. Everything that happened had a purpose and subsequently connected to the next scene in some way. There was never a moment where I thought to myself "wow I'm bored get on with it". If that's not a sign of a great book then I don't know what is.

It's interesting how Houdini has kinda sorta been dismissed (temporarily?) as the big bad so Lenore can take over. It almost seems like he was never actually meant to be THE ultimate big bad like I initially thought. Lenore however is a complete and utter b*tch. I hate her. I want her far away from everyone in Keystone. I feel bad for any of her future acquaintances. If she simply disappears I wouldn't care.

It's sad that this is the penultimate book in this series according to what the author has shared. I don't want to see this series end. At the same time, I want more stories from this interesting world the author has created. For those to happen this series has to come to an end. The petulant child in me is screaming that she can have both. Which unfortunately isn't the case. As much as I want more I understand that some things need to end in order for others to begin.

Now to what I want to see in the future: 
1) Kinda sorta would love Claude getting his happy ending;
2) Kinda sorta want a book dedicated to Hunter's babysitter whose name escapes me now (URGH. I listened to this book I can't go back and search for his name. I think it's Snitch?);
3) Would also love a book involving a gemini;
4) A series focused on chitah's would also be fantastic. If I'm being choosy I'd also prefer it to be a solid paranormal romance.

I can't wait to see what this author has in store for us in the future!

The Audio Book:

I love Nicole Poole's narration! She's become a favorite narrator of mine these past few years. She has a fantastic range of believable/realistic male and female voices. All the characters are distinct and distinguishable from each other. 

However, my only issue with this narration was how she decided to pronounce the word "brooch". I've always heard it pronounced bro-ch. She pronounced it brew-ch. Every time she said that word, I was immediately taken out of the story. I went as far as looking up a pronunciation because I legitimately thought I had always said and heard that word wrong in comparison to how she was pronouncing it.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...