If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 End Of The Year Book Survey

Hiya My Little Predators!

Here we are once again & it's the last one of the decade:
End Of The Year Book Survey!

We are back here once again! I enjoy reflecting on the books I read and what I published on this blog every year. It's nice to see where I started and how I've evolved year to year with these posts!

My year in one quote: "Destiny is not a straightaway. It's cluttered with corners and all of them are dark. We make the turns we do... and find ourselves where we are." - J. R. Ward (The Savior)

So without farther ado:

Happy New Year!
& Here's to many more!

Hope you guys enjoy!!

Hosted By Jamie over at Perpetual Page Turner

* Book titles are either linked to my review of the novel or its Goodreads page.

Number Of Books You Read: 85 (18 more than last year!)
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Number Of DNF's: 10+ books unfortunately 
Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy ♡


1. Best Book You Read In 2019?



2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?






Spartan Heart By Jennifer Estep

I was SO excited when the spin-off series for Mythos Academy was announced! I had the privilege of getting an eARC and ended up DNFing it in 2017. I ended up giving myself a second chance to like it when the audio book for it got released and it didn't help things.






3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?

Surprising In A Good Way: Eleven By J. Marie

Surprising In A Bad Way: Shadow's Kiss By T. M. Hart

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Any and all Dannika Dark books!

5. Best series you started in 2019? Best Sequel of 2019? Best Series Ender of 2019?

Best Series I Started in 2019:

Storm And Fury



Best Sequel of 2019:

Witch's Honor


Best Series Ender of 2019:

I didn't finish any full book series this
year so I'll try again for next year!

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2019?


Anya J Cosgrove lives in Québec with her husband, her beautiful son, and two mischievous cats. She works as a veterinarian by day. She’s a travel and Disney junkie and is passionate about her favorite paranormal series.
What would Buffy do? Kick ass!


Website | Twitter | Facebook |
Goodreads | Amazon |

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I read one book called Ruin By Nicolina Martin
and it surprised me in such a good way considering
anti-heroes aren't something I usually go looking for!


8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


9. Book You Read In 2019 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I don't plan my re-reads, so I couldn't tell you even if I tried :/

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2019?

Let's all bask in the gloriousness this is
the cover for Spellbound By Dannika Dark


11. Most memorable character of 2019?

Raven Black from the Crossbreed Series By Dannika Dark (My Review), mostly because the series is still ongoing. I'm doing my best to not forget important details! (Still accurate for this year too!)

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2019?



13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2019?

I read some amazing stories but none were life-changing!

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read?


15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2019?

This is Mission IMPOSSIBLE for me. Every book I review I mention my favorite quotes from the book at the end of the review. If I tell you I have A LOT of favorite quotes it's putting it mildly.... (Still true from the last few years!)

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2019?

Shortest: Four Shifters and a Stranger by Annette Marie (26 pages - My Review)

Longest: The Monster Ball Anthology (674 pages - My Review)

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

If by shocking you mean shockingly bad and made
me question my life choices then here's my answer:


18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
* OTP = one true pairing

Alana & Liam


19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

The relationship the Keystone group from the Crossbreed Series By Dannika Dark has with each other. The respect and protective nature of the group are amazing!

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2019 From An Author You’ve Read Previously


21. Best Book You Read In 2019, That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Does feeling FOMO when everyone on twitter is gushing about how amazing The Darkest Star By Jennifer L. Armentrout is, count? If so, that one!

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019?

23. Best 2019 debut you read?

The closest I came to reading a debut was:




Technically this was her first full book release but
she did release a prequel novella at the end of 2018!

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2019?



27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?



28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?



29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2019?

I read a lot of amazing books this year but
none of them come to mind as most unique!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?




1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2019?

I know I came across a few new ones I really enjoy but they're all blurring together (like many things have this year)!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2019?

I'm so far ahead in reviews that they're all blurred together at this point. I couldn't pick one if it killed me :/ (Still true this year)

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

In my opinion: (My Ramblings) A Love Letter To PNR
*PNR: Paranormal Romance

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I live in bumf*%@ nowhere in a small town in Brazil no less. No authors I know actually come here and travel is very expensive so it's not a possibility as of now. (Still true this year)

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2019?

Comments! Always.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

My mood reading has really been kicked into high gear this year! My brain decided that I only get to enjoy reading paranormal romance and urban fantasy this year. All other novels make me question my sanity, at this point. I just need to feed it and wait it out. Otherwise, I get to enjoy a reading slump that usually lasts a few months and no one wants that!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

By Views: Settings I’d Like to See More Of (Or At All) (Top Ten Tuesday)

By Comments: New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2018 (Top Ten Tuesday)

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Bookish Societal Norms (My Ramblings) ♡


9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, bookstores, etc.)?

Storiarts! They sell scarves, gloves and other amazing bookish products that feature the text from books we know and love!

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

My one and only challenge every year is the Goodreads Challenge! I set my goal for 50 books and ended up reading 85 books in total! You can check out all the books I read here!

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2019 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2020?



2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2020 (non-debut)?


*No Cover Available*

 I've been waiting for this book to release since 2014!
*Fingers Crossed*

3. 2020 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

I don't think I have any debut authors on my 2020 TBR list! I just don't pay attention to who the authors are all that much (unless I've been reading books by them for a few years). Usually, I like to stay in my comfort zone with the authors I know in my tried and true genres. If I come across a book by an author I don't know and the synopsis is good I'll read it but I don't go out of my way to look for them.

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2020?



5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2020?

Get out of the mood I'm in that only lets me read paranormal romance and urban fantasy! I adore those genres but a break here and there does the soul good.

6. A 2020 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

I haven't read any 2020 releases, so I have none to recommend and stand behind!

What was the best book you read this year?
Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Love the quote! And congrats on 85 books! I'll have to count up my total but I don't think it's even close to that lol (and if it is it'll only be because I binged some graphic novels ha). I feel like this is the year Annette Marie took the world by storm- those books seem tohave really taken off, and that's awesome. also this year I'm going to MAKE myself read Dannika Dark haha!

    That cover of Spellbound is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? J. R. Ward has such a way with words! Thanks! Graphic novels were my best friends in last years Goodreads Challenge too! LOL I think that's the only way I made it to 85 books. Annette Marie accomplished so much in 2019, I hope 2020 is even better because her books are amazing. Yes! Read a Dannika Dark book! They're also so good! ♡

      Delete
  2. I like this post, may have to join you next year, Mikky. I read over 100 books this year, some of which were shorter novella types, which helped me hit my Goodreads target! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's a long post but reminiscing is so much fun! Novellas are always a life saver for my Goodreads goal LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...