If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Settings I’d Like to See More Of (Or At All)

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Settings I’d Like to See More Of
(Or At All)

1. I'd love to see more urban fantasy include LGBTQ+ people/paranormal creatures that fall in that spectrum. If it's supposed to be based off our world but with magic then let's make sure it's diverse and inclusive right from the getgo.

2. I've read some here and there but I would also love to get my hands on more paranormal romance books that are set in a dystopian future of some kind that isn't reverse harem or YA.

3. I would love to read more about mythological settings with the mythology's specific creatures and rules in paranormal romance and urban fantasy in the adult or new adult genre.

What settings do you wish would become popular in the genre you read the most?
Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I'd love to see different mythologies in urban fantasy, too - the setting in Trail of Lightning is what made that book such a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The same old is great but how about some obscure myths and legends from other cultures be used as well, right? That's awesome!

      Delete
  2. #1 on your list is my favourite, especially if the LGBTQ+ characters get to live happily ever after. I'm so eager for more stories like that.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'd even be happy with some representation as secondary characters. How does the heroine not know at least one person in the LGBTQ+ community? It's just weird at this point :/

      Delete
  3. I'd like to see more mythological settings too, and yes also to dystopian futures. I love a good dysatopia and I think it would mix well with urban fantasy or paranormal romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dystopian futures mixes well with almost any genre! Bring on all the dystopian futures! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...