If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 1, 2019

Audio Book Review: Moonstruck By Dannika Dark

Moonstruck
(Crossbreed #7)
By Dannika Dark

Length: 11 hours and 18 minutes
Narrator: Nicole Poole

Transporting goods is part of the job, but when Keystone accepts the daunting task of moving precious cargo, the team splits up. Raven has orders to follow, but Christian’s seductive ways draw out her violent soul. Their journey is dangerous, their enemies ruthless, and one misstep could prove fatal.

When one team member mysteriously vanishes, the rest must choose between cutting their losses in the face of chaos or seeing it through to the bitter end. Will Keystone have the fortitude to complete the mission, or will they fall like dominoes?

Evil forces are at play in this spellbinding continuation of the Crossbreed series.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | Audible | B&N |
| KoboiBooks |


Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

* Text blocked in red are spoilers.

I'll start off by saying that this wasn't my favorite book in this series. The reason behind it is a totally subjective personal annoyance for me, which is: kids, even worse annoying kids. That's it. The writing and the overall pacing of the story were amazing. Would I have liked a little more Christian and Raven witty banter? Sure, but I'm happy with what I got either way!

On a positive note, we got to know much more about Niko. It shined a spotlight on the problems his past has brought up in past books in the series! It was fascinating to see who he is today and what people in his past think of him as. Too bad that story finished at a mother of all cliffhanger! 

Start Of Spoiler

I also adored getting a glimpse into Claude's past. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about everyone's individual stories and struggles. It was so exciting having Switch finally be a part of Keystone while still not being part of Keystone (if that makes sense).
End Of Spoiler

Raven got into some interesting situations! I love her one-liners and there are so many awesome quotes to be extracted from these novels. I wish there had been more Raven and Christian time, though. At the same time, I like how they're not dependent on each other. I like how they respect and care for one another while, at the same time, not smothering and being overprotective. Christian needed more page time! I adore his one-liners and the sassy and out-of-this-world expressions he uses. 

The ending was amazing yet bittersweet. The main Keystone storyline ended on a hopeful note, which was great considering how dark thing got in between. On the other hand, the storyline of the disappearance crushed my soul. I hope everything gets resolved in the next book!

The Audio Book:

The narration was amazing! Nicole Poole has a wide range of believable accents and tones both male and female. I never got lost in any dialogue.

My Rating:


4 comments:

  1. Oh no cliffhangers like that can be brutal lol. Raven sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ending on a cliffhanger with no release date for the next book is even worse! She is :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to start this series! Hoping I can make my way to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! The first 3 books are on sale as a boxset for a limited time for 99 cents on Amazon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...