If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 6, 2019

Audio Book Review: Demon Magic And A Martini By Annette Marie

Demon Magic And A Martini
(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #4)
By Annette Marie

Published By: Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.
Genres: New Adult, Urban Fantasy

When I first landed a bartending job at the local guild, I didn’t know a thing about magic. These days, I’m practically an expert on the different magical classes, but there’s one nobody ever talks about: Demonica.

Turns out they have a good reason for that. My guild is strictly hellion-free, because who wants to risk life and limb to control the biggest bullies on the mythic playground?

Well, some people do, and now a demon has been loosed in the city. My three best friends are determined to slay it, but even badass combat mages are critically out-magicked. And that’s not all. The monster they’re tracking—it’s not hiding. It’s not fleeing. It’s not leaving a trail of corpses everywhere it goes.

The demon is hunting too. And in a city full of mythics, it’s searching for deadlier prey.

If we can’t unravel the demon’s sinister motivations, more innocent people will die, but finding the answers means digging into dark secrets … and learning truths I never wanted to know.
Note: The three mages are definitely sexy, but this series isn’t a reverse harem. It’s 100% fun, sassy, fast-paced urban fantasy.
THE GUILD CODEX: SPELLBOUND
Three Mages and a Margarita (#1)
Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (#2)
Two Witches and a Whiskey (#3)
Demon Magic and a Martini (#4)
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | Tantor |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)

My Review:

I may be biased but this is the best book in the series so far! I've been on Team Erza since the beginning and this book finally gave us a look into why he is how he is and so much more. For that alone, I consider this the best book to date in this series!

Now that I've gotten the fangirling out of the way, let's talk about the story. I can agree with a lot of other reviewers when they say Tori was in the background for the first half of this story, but it didn't bother me. She's human, she hasn't been training in any fighting style for most of her life like the warriors in the guild have. Unless we want her to get killed early on in the series I'm happy to let her take a step back every now and then.

I love how the author built this story up and organically introduced the main character for the spin-off series that will be intertwined with this one. I'm very curious about the new heroine and all the trouble she gets into with her demon companion.

The guys were awesome as always, especially Erza! I want to know more about his background and why he thought he had no other option than to become what he became. 

The ending wasn't something I was expecting but it does make a lot of sense for the spin-off series to belong to the same guild. It'd be really interesting see how the author flips the demons-are-bad ideology this series has set up with the spin-off probably having one as a main character.

The Audio Book:

The narration was awesome! The voices were distinct enough to the point where I didn't get lost on who was who. This narrator is definitely growing on me!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...