If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Thursday, December 30, 2021

2021 End Of The Year Book Survey

 Hiya My Little Predators!

Here we are once again:
End Of The Year Book Survey!

Let's agree to leave whatever happened in 2020 and 2021 behind. Pretend it never happened because it TOTALLY didn't! Though The Plague™ is still here the vaccine is helping. We'll get through this together.

Let's end the year on a nice quote:
"Whatever makes you feel the sun from inside out, chase that."
- Gemma Troy

So without further ado:

Happy New Year!
& Here's to a better year than 2020!

Hope you guys enjoy!!

Hosted By Jamie over at Perpetual Page Turner

* Book titles are either linked to my review of the novel or its Goodreads page.

Number Of Books You Read: 108 (2 more than last year!)
Number of Re-Reads: ~ 10
Number Of DNF's: 20+ unfortunately 
Genre You Read The Most: Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy!


1. Best Book You Read In 2020?


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?


4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Any and all Annette Marie books!

5. Best series you started in 2021? Best Sequel of 2021? Best Series Ender of 2021?

Best Series I Started in 2021:


Best Sequel of 2021:



Best Series Ender of 2021:



6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2021?

C.A. Worley! I'm excited to read more books written by this author in the future!

C.A. Worley loves all things fantasy and paranormal, especially when paired with a dose of humor. She's always been an avid reader of the genre and, in recent years, found herself writing it. One might say she's a little obsessed with the concept of fate, which is usually a central theme in her stories.

C.A. currently resides in the Midwest, but was born and raised in the South. She spends her days working from home and her evenings are spent shuttling her kids to and fro. Her dinners are subpar, but she makes a mean dessert.

When she's tired of living her sons' travel sports schedules, C.A. enjoys a glass (or four) of wine. She needs the liquid courage to click the publish button for her fantasy romance novels.

Her motto is, "Be Brave," and she tries to live it every day. It takes a healthy dose of courage to get through this thing we call life.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I didn't get out of my comfort zone this year!
2021 was one heck of a year and I just needed my comfort books!

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

HANDS DOWN
9. Book You Read In 2021 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. I'm hoping to get a third reread out of the Blood And Ash Series! Even though it might look like it I swear I'm not a masochist ðŸ˜…


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2021?



11. Most memorable character of 2021?



12. Most beautifully written book read in 2021?


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2021?

I read a lot of amazing stories but none were life-changing!

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2021 to finally read?


15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2020?

This is Mission IMPOSSIBLE for me. Every book I review I mention my favorite quotes from the book at the end of the review. If I tell you I have A LOT of favorite quotes it's putting it mildly.... (Still true from the last few years!)

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2020?


Longest: Covet By Tracy Wolff (680 pages [21 hours and 39 minutes] - My Review Coming Soon!)

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Shocking because OMG that plot twist/cliffhanger ending!

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
* OTP = one true pairing

I didn't ship any characters that weren't
already canon, so I'll get back to you on this!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

The relationships that the brothers in J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Universe has, has proved to be a favorite of mine this year!

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2021 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

21. Best Book You Read In 2021, That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Does feeling FOMO when everyone on Twitter was gushing about how amazing From Blood And Ash By Jennifer Armentrout was, count? If so, that one!

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2021?



23. Best 2021 debut you read?



24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Still this one from last year!


25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?



26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2021?

Are you tired of hearing about this book in the post yet? ðŸ˜…

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2021?

I read a lot of amazing books this year but
none of them come to mind as most unique!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad
(doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

This one had me FUMING in the worse way.
I'm still angry about it.




1. Favorite review that you wrote in 2021?

I'm so far ahead in reviews that they're all blurred together at this point. I couldn't pick one if it killed me :/ (Still true this year)

2. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

The year of our lord 2021 was not the year of the discussion posts on this blog. I wasn't feeling very inspired and The Plague™ is still taking its toll. We'll see how next year goes!

3. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I live in bumf*%@ nowhere in a small town in Brazil no less. No authors I know actually come here and travel is very expensive so it's not a possibility as of now. (Still true this year)

Even if I did live somewhere that had book events the pandemic wouldn't have let it happen anyway C:

4. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2021?

Comments! Always.

5. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

I've been stuck reading PNR and UF for years now. I love those genres but I do like to branch out into a contemporary or two every now and then. The problem is when I do try my brain starts to throw me into a reading slump. There have been very very few exceptions to this, this year but I still have an ever-growing list of contemporary security/mafia/MMA books that I would LOVE to read if only my brain would let me. It only got worse this year because the world was falling apart and diving into fantasy was the best escape I could think of.

6. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, bookstores, etc.)?

None this year unfortunately!

7. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

My one and only challenge every year is the Goodreads Challenge! I set my goal for 50 books and ended up reading 107 books in total! You can check out all the books I read here! This has been the third time in my life that I've managed to read 100 books in a year! At least one good thing came out of this dumpster garbage of a year 

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2021 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2022?


(I just need to re-read the first two books
in this series to get to this one!)


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2022 (non-debut)?



3. 2021 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

I don't think I have any debut authors on my 2022 TBR list! I don't usually pay attention to who the authors are all that much (unless I've been reading books by them for a few years). Usually, I like to stay in my comfort zone with the authors I know in my tried and true genres. If I come across a book by an author I don't know and the synopsis is good I'll read it but I don't go out of my way to look for debuts specifically.

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2021?



5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2022?

Get out of the mood I'm in that only lets me read paranormal romance and urban fantasy! I adore those genres but a break here and there does the soul good.

6. A 2022 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

I haven't read any 2022 releases, so I have none to recommend at this point in time!

What was the best book you read this year?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...