If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 7, 2021

Audio Book Review: The ​Crown of Gilded Bones By Jennifer L. Armentrout

The ​Crown of Gilded Bones
(Blood and Ash #3)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Length: 25 hours and 22 minutes
Narrator: Stina Nielsen

She's been the victim and the survivor…

Poppy never dreamed she would find the love she’s found with Prince Casteel. She wants to revel in her happiness but first they must free his brother and find hers. It’s a dangerous mission and one with far-reaching consequences neither dreamed of. Because Poppy is the Chosen, the Blessed. The true ruler of Atlantia. She carries the blood of the King of Gods within her. By right the crown and the kingdom are hers.

The enemy and the warrior…

Poppy has only ever wanted to control her own life, not the lives of others, but now she must choose to either forsake her birthright or seize the gilded crown and become the Queen of Flesh and Fire. But as the kingdoms’ dark sins and blood-drenched secrets finally unravel, a long-forgotten power rises to pose a genuine threat. And they will stop at nothing to ensure that the crown never sits upon Poppy’s head.

A lover and heartmate…

But the greatest threat to them and to Atlantia is what awaits in the far west, where the Queen of Blood and Ash has her own plans, ones she has waited hundreds of years to carry out. Poppy and Casteel must consider the impossible—travel to the Lands of the Gods and wake the King himself. And as shocking secrets and the harshest betrayals come to light, and enemies emerge to threaten everything Poppy and Casteel have fought for, they will discover just how far they are willing to go for their people—and each other.

And now she will become Queen…
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | AudibleB&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

Dear Mrs. Amentrout, Jennifer, Jen. May I call you Jen? I think it's time we had a little talk. I dislike and disagree with how kill-happy you seem to be feeling towards the amazing and wonderful characters in this series. I think it's time you've had a time out and signed over custody of these characters to someone who will protect and nurture them. Don't worry! They'll be handed back as soon as you've made amends. Though be warned that considering how you left things it may take quite some time. Looking forward to hearing from you regarding this matter. Thanks! ♡
______________________________

On a more serious note, this book made me shed actual TEARS. Do you know how much a book needs to affect me for that to happen? It almost never happens nowadays. This book ripped my heart out of my chest and served it to me raw on a silver platter. I both loved and hated every moment of this book because I knew, I just KNEW, that things were going to go wrong in the worst way possible by the end. I couldn't even enjoy the happy moments and boy were there quite a few of those. I was beginning to become suspicious until everything went bad in the last hour or so of the audio book.

It seemed like Poppy and Cas had finally made it through the worst. That they would prevail regardless of all the lies and betrayals they've suffered. Those moments were precious looking back now. The author really did a number on them. All I have to say is HOW COULD SHE?!!!1!1

This book had SO MANY plot twists. The author has proven that she has an amazing talent for hiding things in plain sight until one small sentence connects everything. I can't even imagine the storyboard for this book much less this series (considering that there is currently 6 books planned and a Cas POV book). It probably looks like the board in the conspiracy theorist meme.

Though I loved this book I will say that it was much more romance-heavy than any of the other books in this series so far, which I didn't dislike by any means. Looking back now it's probably meant to soothe the sting of that ending. So the author can say 'see! I gave them a few weeks of happiness. Now I get back to breaking them down all over again.' It seemed to switch from being character-driven to story-driven depending on what stage the happenings in the background were at. Considering that I love both the main cast and the really detailed story running in between I was happy either way. Speaking of the cast, Kieren and the wolves were an amazing part of this book! I still pray to the all-mighty book gods that he eventually gets a series of his own.

As much as I tried to make this book last I ended up finishing it in 14 days. 14 DAYS. Now there's a least a year to wait for Blood And Ash #4. A whole dang YEAR+. On a brighter note, I'm much more intrigued about Nyktos's story thanks to the happenings in this book. 

Here's to a long wait! Finger's crossed that it'll be worth it.

The Audio Book:

The narration was great! I have no complaints. The recording was clear with no strange background noises. All the characters were distinguishable from each other.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...