If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, November 15, 2021

Book Review: Magic Redeemed By K.M. Shea

Magic Redeemed
(Hall of Blood and Mercy #2)
By K.M. Shea 

I thought life would be easier after I unsealed my magic.
Spoiler: it’s not.

I want to free my family from my traitorous cousin, but with all the allies he’s got guarding his back, even my new powers won’t be enough to beat him. My best bet is to use my parents’ signet ring to prove my claim of leadership.

There’s just one problem…

I can’t find it!

Things aren’t looking so good for my vampire housemates, either. As Killian Drake’s conflicts with the fae get worse, it's clear that war will break out soon if something doesn’t change.

Plus, Killian has gotten really weird about smelling me and invading my personal space. Every time he comes near my heart almost pops out of my chest, but I’m sure that’s just terror caused by being so close to the most feared vampire in the region.

At least that’s what I keep telling myself.

So, I’m a wizard searching for a ring while trying to survive living with a bunch of vampires and their deadly and suddenly touchy-feely leader. Yeah, life is definitely not easier.

Hall of Blood and Mercy is an urban fantasy trilogy featuring all your favorite vampires, wizards, fae, and werewolves. It’s packed with humor, adventure, and a sweet, slow burn romance between a vertically challenged wizard and the most lethal vampire in town.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

I really, really, really like this series so far! The worldbuilding is fantastic, the characters are *chef's kiss* and the chemistry between the Killian and Hazel is amazing! The side characters are also SO memorable and add so much to the story. Though there has been one chink in the whole thing. Totally my fault but I swore when I picked this up that it was a paranormal romance (emphasis on the romance) novel. This author apparently only writes "clean" romance and that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth for a myriad of different reasons (you can read more about that here).

I love seeing Hazel progress and become the bad*ss she was always meant to be. Seeing how she overcomes hardships makes for an amazing story. I like how she isn't one-dimensional and how she cares and wants to protect her family above all else.

Killian is mine. I call dibs. No one can have him. Move along! On a more serious note, I love Killian and his manipulative ways. I love how he treats Hazel though I wish he would be more open and straightforward with her by this point. I hope they get their happily ever when this series ends.

The ending had me infuriated. I legitimately shed a single tear on Hazel's behalf. Until the last chapter hit. I love the sneak peeks we get into Killian's head. I understand why he thought he had to do what he did and it's breaking my heart. The guy deserves a break with all the crap that's been thrown at him. I'm definitely going into the next book with great expectations!

A Note: No I didn't read the synopsis until the end because this series was highly recommended to me by someone on GR. So I only bothered to skim the first paragraph of the synopsis of Book #1, since it sounded cool I stopped there and added it to my TBR thinking it was a PNR. It wasn't until the synopsis for Book #2 (which I didn't bother to read until writing this review) that it mentions this is supposed to be a slow burn UF. Emphasis on the Slow Burn.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...