If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, November 22, 2021

Book Review: Fae King's Throne By Layla Harper

Fae King's Throne
(Court of Bones and Ash #6)
By Layla Harper

Will her past destroy their future?

Sersha spent a lifetime running from him. The Niflheim prince who ravaged her kingdom. Her home. Her family. Now he's in Alfhemir, and he'll stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Her.

I'll do whatever it takes to stop him. I won’t let this monster steal the female who sets my heart aflame.

But his defeat could mean my death, and even that may not be enough to stop what the fates have put into motion.

Publisher’s Note: Fae King’s Throne is the conclusion of Gauron and Sersha’s story. There are several plot loops introduced in this book that set up future stories. Look for more Court of Bones and Ash coming soon!
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)



My Review:

For the first time in my life, I unknowingly read the second book in a duology first. *Face Palm* I truly want to throat punch myself. I swear I thought I was reading the first book! The author even has a note at the beginning of the book explaining what book to start with and I found it in myself to think that I knew what I was doing so I didn't pay attention to it. I ruined Gauron's story because I didn't start with the right book. URGH.

The most hilarious thing is that I only realized my mistake after I finished the book. Halfway through I was getting worried because there was no way with the way the story was headed that there was going to be an opening for a second book in Gauron and Sersha's adventure. It wasn't until I hit the epilogue that things finally clicked into place. Why did I do this to myself?!!11!

Let's get into the story! I was slightly confused about how it started (because I skipped a whole damn book mistakenly) but the way it was written helped me fill in the blanks enough for everything to make sense. 

Gauron and Sersha were so cute together! I love how much he respects her and wants to do right by her. Sersha was very headstrong. She was independent to a fault but I'm glad she let Gauron in to help eventually. 

The ending was sweet and very unexpected (because I swore up and down that that wasn't the end and that there was a whole damn book left in this duology). I hope I've learned from my mistakes and never do this again. I basically ruined Gauron's story for myself in the most idiotic way possible. Overall, the story was fantastic and a tad bit rushed. The main problem was me starting with the wrong book.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...