If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 6, 2020

Book Review: Fae King's Hunger By Layla Harper

Fae King's Hunger
(Court of Bones and Ash #2)
By Layla Harper

A growing bond.
A world that would see it destroyed.

Keeping Kyra in Alfhemir will endanger her life. If I had thought a future with her was possible, the norn’s shenanigans have wrecked that hope. I cannot let my burgeoning desires endanger my mate, and I refuse to let my world consume her.

So I ignore the budding ache spreading across the center of my chest. A half-blood king cannot afford weakness. Already I have made too many mistakes. Mistakes that have jeopardized my subjects and my kingdom. Mistakes I will gladly make again if means my mate reaches her Earth unharmed.

Yet, with each day that passes, I hunger for more than the physical. I hunger for her voice. Her laugh. The tenderness she bestows with her eyes. The quick wit she showers with a sassy flip of her brow.

I hunger for it all.

Publisher's Note: Fae King's Hunger is the second installment in the Court of Bones and Ash serial, an M/F steamy romance between one growly Fae king and his fated mate. All books in this series are meant to be read in order. But beware, cliffhangers abound. If vertical drops make you dizzy, it may be best to wait until the series is complete.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)



My Review:

I don't know what it is about this series but I just really love everything about these books! The writing style, the pacing, the story are all so good. I just want more of whatever the author has in store for the future.

Kyra is a headstrong woman but she recognizes that she's out of her element and that she's essentially the weakest link in multiple ways (even a few that she doesn't know about yet). I like that she asks questions and takes the answers to heart. She's pushy enough that it feels like a natural human reaction.

Rogar is a big softy when it comes to Kyra and I love it! He's never pushy or condescending towards her. He respects and treasure's her in more ways than she even knows. Though I do wish he would tell her about their actual situation. He's been meaning to during this novel but they were never in a safe enough place for it to happen. Their chemistry is fantastic throughout these novels and it's only getting better. 

I thought this book would go in another direction entirely with the way the last book ended, but I was happily surprised with how it actually continued. It's a twist I didn't see coming and I enjoyed it immensely! For those who can't stand a cliffhanger this time around, the story seemed to end at a natural stopping point. I'm still very much excited for the next book in the series!

My Favorite Quotes:

"Sometimes life cuts you off at the knees, exposing the ugly truths you work so hard to hide."

"You're one person. There's only so much you can control."

"You make me want things I've run from my whole life."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...