If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 29, 2020

Book Review: Fae King's Temptation By Layla Harper

Fae King's Temptation
(Court of Bones and Ash #1)
By Layla Harper

He's a Fae king with everything to lose.
She's the human outlaw who can bring him down.

For three hundred years, the four kingdoms have watched me from afar, anticipating the day I succumb to the bloodlust that once ruled my ancestors. Now a human woman has crossed into my borders.

Fae law dictates I kill her. But she's not just any human.

She's my fated mate.

Is this my destiny, or a clever trap? Only time will tell, but either way, I’m cursed.

Publisher's Note: Fae King's Temptation is book one in the Court of Bones and Ash serial, an M/F steamy romance between one growly Fae king and his fated mate. All books must be read in order. But beware. Cliffhangers abound. If vertical drops make you dizzy, it may be best to wait until the series is complete.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)



My Review:

I picked this book up on a whim. The quarantine has been doing strange things to my reading habits. Then again maybe I'm in a strange mood due to the quarantine. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this book! The writing was good though stilted at times and the overall pacing, though slow, helped the developing story tremendously.

I liked Kyra's spunk and how she liked to help the people around her. The moments of witty comebacks and flirty remarks between her and Rogar were very sweet to witness. I liked that she's fighting the lust for Rogar and also maintaining her backbone by standing up to him.

Rogar comes off as this gruff, huge mammoth of a guy but he has a soft and caring side to him when it comes to Kyra. She represents something that he never thought would happen to him and he appreciates it so much. I liked that he didn't force himself on her and that he didn't act like an arrogant and superior being compared to her. He was taking things very slow especially considering the circumstances they found themselves in.

I knew there was going to be something fishy towards the end. With the number of pages that were left by the last few chapters and the way the story was going, I could smell a BIG cliffhanger coming from a mile away. Though because it didn't catch me off-guard I didn't mind it as much. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series so I can find out what happens next!

As a note/suggestion, I would love for this book/series to have a glossary of terms with definitions and pronunciations. If I'm dreaming big maybe even a map of the world the author is creating and will be expanding on in future novels.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Murder is not the answer my friend. History has taught us this lesson."

"I may be at a disadvantage in your world, but I'm not stupid."

"Walking around all starry-eyed will get me killed."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...