If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 20, 2020

Book Review: Fae King's Vengeance By Layla Harper

Fae King's Vengeance
(Court of Bones and Ash #4)
By Layla Harper

Will love be enough to save them?

For weeks, the promise of the high queen’s aid fueled my drive to the western hemisphere, and despite the obstacles thrown in our path, I charged ahead relentlessly, set on the hope Queen Menora would remove Kyra’s mark and free her from the dark magic binding her to this plane.

But now? Now the last thread of that hope has been stripped from my heart. I am…

Broken.

Raw.

Flayed.

This is where faith led me.

To destruction.

Publisher's Note: Fae King’s Vengeance concludes the romantic arc of Rogar and Kyra's story. There are several unresolved plot loops that set up subsequent books and feature a new couple. Look for more of the Court of Bones and Ash series coming soon!
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)



My Review:

This book was SO bittersweet! It's the end of Kyra and Rogar's story but it's not the end of the series. I adore the world the author built and I'm looking forward to future books from other character points of view.

Kyra was defiantly thrown around more than usual in this book. I felt so bad for her and the situation she found herself in. She proved once and for all that, she has a spine of steel and will do whatever is in her power to help Rogar and his people.

Rogar was incredibly brave! I love the commanding presence he has and how people respect him due to him treating them with respect, honesty, and kindness. That isn't to say he isn't afraid of battle though.

The ending was awesome! There were a few chapters there that I had no idea what the author was planning but when things fell into place it was a great ending. Though I would have liked to have been privy to the ending battle from Kyra's point of view. The epilogue on the other hand wasn't my cup of tea. I wanted a happily ever after but considering we'll still be seeing these characters in future novels this would have been a perfect example of a good-for-now ending working. Seeing them with their lives tied up in a perfect bow a few years down the line just doesn't work for me personally.

A Note: I keep forgetting to mention this in past reviews but I would love it if this series had a glossary of terms with their definitions going forward. A map of the realm would also be an amazing addition to it as well.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Never in a million years would I have thought you were possible."

"You are my world. My light. My reason for breathing. "

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...