If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, November 8, 2021

Book Review: Magic Forged By K.M. Shea

Magic Forged
(Hall of Blood and Mercy #1)
By K.M. Shea 

I'm one scrappy wizard. As someone with barely a flicker of magic, I've spent my life being mocked and surviving fights with bullies. But when my parents die in an accident, and I find myself responsible for our whole wizard house and family, I know my usual tactics aren't going to cut it.

The situation veers from bad to catastrophic when my backstabbing cousin stages a coup and takes my family hostage. I barely manage to flee, but the only supernatural willing to help me is Killian Drake - the most feared vampire in the region, and a far more deadly villain than the jerk threatening my family.

Is Killian sexy and charismatic? Heck yeah.

He's also so powerful that my flight or fight instincts kick in every time our eyes meet. And he's definitely using me as his personal magic detector in his feud against the local fae.

But Killian is also the first person to believe I might have more than just a scrap of magic. And if I can convince him to train me, I might get strong enough to free my family and get my house back.

I'm not sure what happens when a scrappy wizard is taught how to fight by a hall of deadly vampires, but I'm about to find out.

Magic Forged is the first book in the Hall of Blood and Mercy trilogy, which features vampires, wizards, fae, and werewolves. It's packed with humor, adventure, and a sweet, slow burn romance between a vertically challenged wizard and the most lethal vampire in town.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |


Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

This. Book. Is. SO. Good! Someone I interact with on Goodreads highly recommended this book (I'm SO sorry but I don't remember who it was!) and I am so deeply sorry that it took me months to finally get to this. Though it wasn't without its hiccups. I actually started and stopped this 3 times before finally getting into it. My initial issue was with how slow it starts off. After Chapter 2 I was hooked and couldn't put it down!

Hazel was a very sassy and entertaining character. I loved how snarky she was. I also liked that she cared for those who she considered friends and people who had helped her along the way. She never took anything lying down and always gave as good as she got. Can you tell I really enjoyed being in her head for the duration of this story?

Killian is on his way to being included in my top 5 Book Boyfriends list of all time. That was how much I loved him. If I could call dibs on him and have him be all mine I would. I adored his sarcastic remarks and how he ended up finding it in himself to have a soft spot for Hazel. The way he had me cackling with almost every remark was a breath of fresh air. I could gush about him for hours at this point but I'll stop it at that ♡

The overall story after it got going was very good! I'm not usually a big fan of murder mystery but this one proved to be an exception. The ending was exhilarating and I'm excited to see where this story is going! I'm also very proud that I called the twist in the last chapter from Killian's POV. 

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. Hazel sounds awesome and I love the idea of her forging a relationship with the powerful vampire. Together they can hopefully kick some a@@ haha. The fae and werewolves too? This sounds like a fun world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series has such interesting world building! ♡

      Delete
  2. You're review has tempted me, Mikky. I've added the audiobook to my wishlist and when Audible credit day comes... 😘🎧

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...