If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 20, 2021

Audio Book Review: Reborn By Jaymin Eve

Reborn
(Shadow Beast Shifters #3)
By Jaymin Eve 

Narrator: Michelle Sparks, Noel Harrison
Length: 12 hours and 14 minutes

The epic conclusion to the Shadow Beast Shifters.

I finally have the life I always dreamed of. So why does it taste like ash on my tongue?

Growing up in Torma, the strongest of the shifter packs, I wanted nothing more than to find my true mate and live my best life. Of course, that dream existed before my father betrayed the pack and turned me into their punching bag.

I’d all but given up, until a quirk of true mate genetics gifted me a true mate like no other.

It seems my childhood dreams were finally a reality. Funny how quickly dreams turn into nightmares.

I’m being lied to and missing weeks and months of time. Someone messed with me and no matter how often I’m told to forget it and move on as Torin’s mate, there’s no way I can. Whoever did this to me should have known I’d pick at it until it bled. It’s my nature after all.

As I search out random growls, flutters in my chest, and a suspicion that there’s so much more going on than I could even imagine, I sense that I’m racing against an unknown clock.

I need to get to the bottom of this mystery.

And when I figure out who stole my memories, they’re going to wish they never messed with Mera Callahan.

Game on.

*If you like sexy, dark paranormal romances, with humor, steam, action, a tough heroine and an antihero, this is for you.

Reborn is full length (115k) words, and is the final in the Shadow Beast Shifters series, and does NOT end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* Spoilers for the ending of the last book and consequently the beginning of this one.

AH! We meet back here at last. Last you heard I had DNFed this book. I had planned to keep it that way too but the audio book was released and I just couldn't help myself. I wanted to know how everything would end. Was it worth it? Meh. I'm still on the fence.

Let's start with the negative: I have an extreme dislike of amnesia plotlines. There have been exceptions in the past. This book was not one of them. Due to that the first 4 or so hours (granted I read those first 4 hours and listened to the rest as an audio book) dragged on. It got to the point where I DNFed because I just didn't want to push myself through another minute of this forsaken plotline. Personally, it felt like a big filler to pad this book out. Maybe that's just my dislike of amnesia plotlines talking.

After that nonsense passed the book was actually descent. Mira and Shadow were together. Their friends helped them so their worlds wouldn't end. Some of them died and came back. It was a nice ride.

This was an okay ending to a series I adored. Due to a trope I dislike, this book turned out less than stellar for me. Though now I'm very interested in all of Shadow's friend's stories! I'm curious to see who will be up first with the next novel in this series/spin-off(?). I'd also love to explore the other worlds that are mentioned throughout this series in future books.

The Audio Book:

The narration was great! I loved that it was duel narrated. I wish I had waited to read this series as audio books all the way through. It would have been even better if I'm being honest.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll take your advice, Mikky, and listen to the trilogy rather than reading. 😘🎧

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Do it! Then come tell me if I was worth it or not 😅

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...