If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 21, 2020

Book Review: Rejected By Jaymin Eve

Rejected
(Shadow Beast Shifters #1)
By Jaymin Eve 

My father made a terrible mistake. One I’m left paying for.

As a wolf shifter growing up in a strong pack, I should be living my best life. But after my father tried to kill the alpha, I’m labeled an outcast, traitor, less than dirt.

When I can't take pack life any longer, I run, but apparently they don't like losing their punching bag. Torin, the alpha’s son, drags me back before my first shift... a shift that will reveal my true mate.

I never could have predicted who mine would be, but the moment my wolf looks upon him, I’m filled with hope for a brighter future.

After all, no one ever rejects their true mate, right?
Wrong. Very wrong.

When the wolves attack, my soul screams for vengeance, and somehow I touch the shadow world. Somehow I bring him to our lands.

The Shadow Beast. Our shifter god. The devil himself.

Turns out being rejected by my mate was only the beginning.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This. Was. Such. A. Good. Book! This is the first Jaymin Eve book that I've fallen in love with! This one blew all the other ones I've read by this author out of the water. 

I adored Mera's sass and backbone. She's been pushed around and bullied by her pack for something that wasn't even her doing. By the end, she's had enough. Thanks to pure chance she gets a way out. It's far from conventional but it's better than staying in a pack where her mate outright rejected her. I truly hope this pack gets what's coming to them by the end of this trilogy and by Mera's hands if I'm being picky.

I'm still on the fence about Beast. He's shown that he somewhat cares about what happens to Mera at someone else's hands and he somewhat protects her while still pushing her and kinda-sorta mistreating her at the same time. I want to believe he has this noble reason behind everything he's doing and it's even mentioned that he has secrets on top of secrets that he's not sharing for "reasons". So my verdict is still out. We'll see as this trilogy progresses. What I can't say about him is that is he doesn't make for an interesting and morally ambiguous character.

The ending was fantastic but it was quite a cliffhanger. I recognize that it did SO much for the story but it didn't do much for my sanity! I must have the second book in my hands right damn now! I sincerely hope that the Torma pack gets what's coming to them. I can't say that enough.

On a completely different note, I'd love to get the story for Beast's friends after this trilogy ends. They seem like interesting standup guys. I'm hoping Mera's friend is one of their future mates!

My Favorite Quotes:

"A little darkness never killed anyone."

"Bend, yes. But breaking was a whole different story."

"[...] I hope that one day your torments settle, and you find a semblance of peace."

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope you get to this one soon because it's SO good!! ♡

      Delete
  2. I loved this book! Mera and Shadow reminded me of Hawke and Poppy from the Blood and Ash series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a great comparison! Blood And Ash was SO dang good!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...