If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, February 22, 2021

Audio Book Review: Delivering Evil for Experts By Annette Marie

Delivering Evil for Experts
(The Guild Codex: Demonized #4)
By Annette Marie

Length: 9 hours and 35 minutes
Narrators: Cris Dukehart & Teddy Hamilton

I promised to avenge my parents.

But their killer is still on the loose, and he's stolen more than my parents' lives. Now, as he draws closer to his mysterious goals, he's poised to destroy what little I have left.

I promised to translate an ancient grimoire.

But it holds the secrets of my family—and the secret history of demon summoning. I fear its answers as much as I need them. Who was the foremother of Demonica…and who am I?

I promised to send my demon home.

But the way he watches me, the way he protects me, the way he touches me⁠—how can I cast him away forever? I swore I would do this for him, but can I? Should I?

But I promised—and I will keep my promises even if they cost me my heart, my soul, and my life.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | AudibleB&N | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

Everything about this novel was beautiful and I still didn't want it to end! I want more books from Robin and Zalas' point of view. I want an update on how they're doing 10 years from when this book ended. I just want more. Can you tell I'm desperate yet?

On a more serious note, this book had amazing moments but it also had rushed moments and slower-paced moments. The rushed moments were the parts where this series overlaps with Spellbound (which I wasn't mad about). The slower moments were the parts where Robin was trying to figure out how to solve complex problems with the grimoire (which also made sense). 

Robin dug deep and finally found the beginnings of a backbone and I loved it! Especially when it came to being honest with Zalas about how she felt. There were quite a few moments where I caught myself tearing up because I wanted them to have a way of at least trying to be together and dealing with the consequences of that. Also please tell me it's possible that Robin could become some kind of immortal to be with Zalas for forever?! I'm on my knees begging here!

Zalas was amazing as ever! I love how blunt and to the point he is. He calls out bull**** when he sees it. Though the chapter in his point of view was interesting, I disliked how disjointed his stream of consciousness was. It's an accurate representation of his character but I just found it strange.

The ending was SO adorable and everything I wanted for them! BUT I still want more. I guess in a way I'll be getting my wish because even though this series has come to an end the author still has plans for more books in spin-off series in this same universe. I'll have to be content with catching glimpses of them in the background of the spin-offs. Here's to an amazing but bittersweet ending ♡

The Audio Book:

The narrations were amazing as always! There were no strange background noises and all the characters were distinguishable from each other.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...