If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 14, 2021

Book Review: Court of Frost and Embers By Leeann M. Shane

Court of Frost and Embers
(The Pair Bond Chronicles #1)
By Leeann M. Shane

Romance, danger, and magic collide in this dazzling new world by Leeann M. Shane.

When seventeen-year-old Emmie Tealson is condemned to live in Port Inlet, Washington with her distant, cat-loving grandmother, she thinks her life is over.

Little does Emmie know her life is finally about to begin…

It all starts on a dark road. It ends with Emmie running for her life from a boy who was reported missing.

That boy is Maxell Heathestone. Star quarterback. Life of the party. And pronounced missing after disappearing on a school trip over the summer.

But he isn’t just missing. He isn’t the same anymore either. He’s pale as snow. He’s faster than light. He’s more dangerous now than ever before.

Maxell isn’t missing. Maxell is a vampire.

And Emmie is his pair bond. An ancient irrevocable bond that catapults her into a world dripping with lure and lies. She doesn’t know what to believe. Her heart or her nightmares?

First love comes with a bite in this thrilling fantasy about two souls who are either doomed to frost or fated for fire.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review!)


My Review:

* Anything in Red is a spoiler.

This is one of those times where I apologize profusely about how I let this beautiful story sit on my TBR shelf for far too long. I'm truly sorry. I'll try to do better in the future. 

With that out of the way, this was such a good book! The writing style did take a chapter to get used to but after that, it was smooth sailing. I loved how the author sprinkled in enough information throughout the story and connected SO MANY of them at the end. I was in awe because it wasn't something I was expecting out of this book. 

Emmie was a very lonely person. Her life has been like that due to things out of her control. I liked how this book didn't kick off right away. I actually liked being in her head and getting to know her mundane life. I liked how things ramped up as the story progressed naturally. 

Maxell was such a sweetheart! He was charming and understanding while not being pushy. Things progressed very slowly between them and I liked how they didn't jump into right away due to the insta-love.

The "villains" in this novel are presented in a way where you want to believe they have good intentions but you're still waiting for the other shoe to drop. AND BOY did it drop at the end! I still don't know whether I want to hug the author or put her in a time-out so she can think about what she's put her characters through and how sorry she should be.

The end was something I was foreseeing happen while still wanting to believe that it wouldn't. Call me naive because that's how I felt by the end. I hope the next book redeems the amnesia twist in a good way though because if you've been following me long enough you'll know that I usually despise amnesia in the novels I read. There have been exceptions in the past. I'm hoping this series is one of them.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Everyone leaves. Maybe I was stupid to expect anything different from you."

"I want to be there. I want you to be there. I want what fate promised me."

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. I've kicked myself about a long-term TBR title that I've ended up loving! Lol! We've all been there, Mikky.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of the series. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed the next book is just as good if not better than this one ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...