If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 26, 2021

Book Review: Hard Boiled By T.L. Christianson

Hard Boiled
(Dragon Born Academy #3)
By T.L. Christianson

A hidden world, secrets, love, betrayal… and dragons.

Sydney Miller—Almost seventeen, unschooled world traveler until the you-know-what hit the fan. Reality? Gone... yanked out from under me like a cheap Ikea rug. Here are the doozies: Dragons exist in this whole other world! And bondmates exist. Yeah... I'm now bound to a heart-throb Prince to the Dragonborn—Ashe Carrick. Only, the gap is kind of thing for him.

I’d like to forget him, but when I end up at the Dragonborn base, Ashe is there! I’m trying to resist his gorgeous baby blues and focus on other more important things... like George! He’s the only one who has answers about my mom, her research and the dragon realm. According to him, she might be alive! So this is my new obsession and I won’t stop until I get to the bottom of it all!

*

Ashe Carrick—Twenty-three, lieutenant for the Dragonborn Guard and the Elibera's hope to become Prime Leader of the Dragonborn. I have a whole host of problems but I can’t stop thinking of Sydney, the girl I’m bonded to. I’ve done my best to keep her at arm’s length but she’s like a siren. One look from her heats my blood… rousing something ancient and primal within me.

Besides her, I have a whole host of other problems I'm dealing with at the Dragonborn base, Briony. The PL has gone entirely off the rails and when George Miller is brought into lockdown, he might have the evidence to bring PL Lambert down—if we can keep him alive.

*

Hard Boiled is written in dual point of view. Fall into this emotional continuation of the Dragon Born Academy!

The Dragon Born Academy Series:
1. Cracked Open
2. Over Easy
3. Hard Boiled
4. Frying Night
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I have SO many bones to pick with almost all of the adults in this series. They are, for the most part, lying manipulating hypocritical scumbags who seem to take joy in keeping even the most basic information to themselves for *reasons*. It's been some time that I've been this frustrated with a series. The thing is that I actually like the world the author is slowly setting up and the main characters are interesting enough to read about. I would like this series a lot more if basic information was more freely given.

Being in Ashe's head was both a blessing and a curse. I loved how freely information was given to him. It helped the world building in this series tremendously! I also better understood where he was coming from with him making decisions for Syd where their relationship or lack thereof is concerned. I liked how he worried about her and wanted to protect her, even if it was from himself at times. The bad part? That it ended. I found myself enjoying being in his head way more than being in Syd's head. Because you guessed it, people actually informed him of happenings in the dragon born society and, get this, listened to him! Getting information from anyone in this series is like pulling teeth from Syd's perspective. Being in his head was a great reprieve from all that.

Syd finally started getting some answers by the end of this book and boy was I ecstatic for that! Finding out how much of a hypocrite these people are was a really calming experience for me. I like how even throughout all that has happened she still has a good backbone on her. She's a reasonable person if only the adults listened to her and acted accordingly. I've said it in the past and it bears repeating: Treat her like a child and she's going to act out like one. The revelation of her mother's past was really interesting! Though I resent that it took 3 books to get to it. She should have been told all of this from the beginning.

I wasn't expecting this story to go where it went in the end. Am I intrigued? Yes. Will this mean we get more answers? Hard maybe. Will I give the next book a chance? Probably. At this point I just want the adults (AKA one specific person that I can't name or else spoilers) to get what they deserve. Overall, as frustrating as this series has proven to be I'm still interested enough to put up with the next book to find out what happens next.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...