If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 27, 2021

Book Review: Frying Night By T.L. Christianson


Frying Night
(Dragon Born Academy #4)
By T.L. Christianson

Portals, bondmates, and a dragon world.

I thought that my biggest problem was the unfinished bond between me and Ashe… but I was wrong.

We've done the impossible and crossed through a portal into the world of dragons – the same place where my mother's been trapped for the past fifteen years.

With this lavender sky, orange sun, and a freaking planet hanging above us, it's clear that we're no longer on Earth. Our biggest problem is finding our way back… right?

WRONG.

If my mother who was an expert couldn't find a way out of this place, who will we?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

For once in this whole series, it was REALLY nice not being the least informed person in the room. It's why it took me so long to come up with the willpower to pick this book up in the first place. I recognize that I'm reading this series for all the wrong reasons but, when you put the characters aside, the actual story has proven itself to be very good. I want more of that and less of Syd floundering around because no one tells her anything. While I'm at it, I'd also love to see more competent adults please and thank you.

A lot of revelations happened in this novel and it was pretty exciting! We got to see Syd's "mom" and whatever happened to her (it's a spoiler so that all you're getting from me on the topic). We also got introduced to an exciting new world (?)/dimension (?) with new characters and a differently structured society. I'm tepidly optimistic about the 'Dragonborn' spin-off series because the main characters have proven themselves to be interesting enough for me to give them a chance.

The ending was where I always saw this going. I'm interested in knowing how the leaders in their world are going to deal with the new threat that they basically created (spoilers! I know you're getting tired of reading that, sorry). Here's hoping my outlook on this series gets better from here and that people actually start telling Syd important things on the regular.

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Lol! Yeah, I still think I'll leave this series well alone. But I admire your perserverance, Mikky. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wouldn't be something I'd recommend 😅
      I'm just plain hate-reading this series at this point LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...