If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, October 1, 2021

Monthly Recap: September 2021

September!

Wait! Do you hear that?
It's finally Halloween!
The best time of the year!

So I got much more reading done than I thought I would this month! That's fantastic! Though this thing I have for me to hit 100 books read in a year is taking a toll on me and I don't like it. I've been putting unneeded pressure on myself to always be reading or rereading a book and I can feel a reading slump coming. After this year I realized that I just need to drop the 100 book goal. It's not sustainable long-term for me in particular. I'm not a fast reader. I'm usually in strange moods that don't allow me to jump from book to book automatically. That usually causes a slew of DNF's for no reason other than I'm not in the mood for that particular book at this exact moment. So that's where my head is at!

On an ecstatic note: We're finally in the BEST month of the year! HALLOWEEN! One day I'll have the excuse I need to justify creating a dream Halloween costume for myself. I'm counting on it ðŸ˜­ Unfortunately, here in Brazil, it isn't celebrated. In big cities, I have seen kids go trick or treating but I live in a small conservative city. Most people think of satan when asked about Halloween *facepalm*. So I'll be here all by my lonesome living the Halloween spirit all year round ♡

Also Announcement: September will probably be the last month you'll be seeing book looks from me on this blog! Unfortunately, I don't have the time I used to have to create them and edit/cut dress pictures to match the covers, and edit a blog post about them. Moreover, they don't get much engagement and they take up a lot of time to make. I may do one or two here and there but they probably won't be coming back once a week anymore! Sorry!

Until next month!
Happy reading!

Books I Read & Listened
To In September

| Audio Book | eBook | eARC |
  • Bound By Flames By Jeaniene Frost - I still agree that my initial review was overly harsh. I don't know if I've mentioned this but the year of 2015 and the following years were very rough for me due to a multitude of reasons I will not get into. It was clear, looking back now, that I was projecting what I was going through on this novel/story. In some ways, I regret how I went about that review. But alas, it was how I felt at that moment even though it doesn't reflect what I feel today about this series after rereading it for the THIRD (wow!) time ♡ Still a 4 star read! (My review is live here!)
  • Frying Night By T. L. Christianson -  For once in this whole series, it was REALLY nice not being the least informed person in the room. It's why it took me so long to come up with the willpower to pick this book up in the first place. I recognize that I'm reading this series for all the wrong reasons but, when you put the characters aside, the actual story has proven itself to be very good.  (My review is live here!)
  • Oddball By Sarah Andersen - I've learned to love any and all books by Sarah Andersen! They're so relatable and hit a tad bit too close to home in ways I never thought I would experience. Her comics are funny, sad, and heartbreaking at different moments. They're a great escape from the real world and I would recommend them tremendously! (My review is live here!)
| eBook | Audio Book | eBook |
  • Magic Forged By K. M. SheaI actually started and stopped this 3 times before finally getting into it. My initial issue was with how slow it starts off. After Chapter 2 I was hooked and couldn't put it down! (My review coming soon!)
  • Into The Fire By Jeaniene Frost - And I'm done with my third reread of this whole series! This was a much more enjoyable experience this third time around. I knew what I was going into and I knew from the last reread that I was guaranteed to like it. Vlad seems to have become a fungus because he did grow on me it seems. I actually want more books featuring Vlad and Leila in the future if I'm being honest! (My review is live here!)
  • Magic Redeemed By K. M. SheaI really, really, really like this series so far! The worldbuilding is fantastic, the characters are *chef's kiss* and the chemistry between the Killian and Hazel is amazing! (My review coming soon!)
| Audio Book | Audio Book | Audio Book |
  • Winter Wolf By Rachel M. Raithby - There was something off about this book but I can't pinpoint what it was. The characters were ok, the worldbuilding (though little was present) and writing were ok, and the overall story was fast-paced (but felt rushed due to choppy scene transitions). (My review coming soon!)
  • Double-Sided Magic By McKenzie Hunter - This was an okay book. It did what I wanted it to do which was pass the time and hold me over until the next book I wanted to read was released. The characters weren't all that memorable and secondary characters even less so. The story was somewhat interesting but I never connected with the heroine. (My review is live here!)
    • Mave Fortune By Elizabeth Dear - For a first-time author, this was very well written! The plot was steady-paced and purposeful. There wasn't a dull moment in this story and I can certainly appreciate the level of dedication it must have taken to make this book what it is today. (My review coming soon!)
    Books I Can't Wait To Get
    My Hands On In October

    * Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

    5th

    The Alpha |
    (Audio Book)


    12th

    (Audio Book)


    (Audio Book)


    Here's What Happened On
    This Blog In September


    I reviewed the following books & audiobooks:

    And Book Looks! Check them out:

    What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
    Let me know in the comments below!
    Mikky Sig 2

    2 comments:

    1. I love this time of year! That's a bummer about Halloween in Brazil. I love it but where I live we don't get a lot of trick or treaters on Halloween. My street is just a bit off the main drag so only a few people stop by... but I love celebrating Halloween in October just in general. I hope you are able to enjoy it as much as possible!

      Another awesome Annette Marie cover! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Halloween is a state of mind for me at this point 😅
        That means you get to stay up late watching horror movies without getting interupted by the trick or treaters!

        Annette Marie's covers are always so gorgeous!

        Delete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...