If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Book Review: Bound By Flames By Jeaniene Frost

Bound By Flames
(Night Prince #3)
By Jeaniene Frost


Length: 342 pages
Published: January 27th 2015
Publisher: Avon

Play with fire, pay the price.
Leila’s years on the carnie circuit were certainly an education. What she didn’t learn: how to be a vampire, or how to be married to the most famous vampire of them all. Adjusting to both has Leila teetering on a knife edge between passion and peril, and now the real danger is about to begin…

Vlad must battle with a centuries-old enemy whose reach stretches across continents and whose strength equals his own. It isn’t like Vlad to feel fear, but he does…for Leila, because his enemy knows she is Vlad’s greatest weakness. As friend and foe alike align against him—and his overprotectiveness drives Leila away—Vlad’s love for his new bride could be the very thing that dooms them both…
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

Update After Rereading July 2020: It seems like I was very harsh on this series during my first read-through. I had a lasting impression that Vlad was a domineering overpowering a**, but after thinking it through and with the revelations throughout these books so far he's actually not that bad. I must have been projecting my problems on Vlad at the time because I've done a complete 180 on where I stand on these books. Also, my anger with Leila's family this time around is nonexistent. They're there and they serve a very small purpose for Leila's character development and the plot but that's about it. I don't really like or dislike them at this point.

My Updated Rating:

Painfully neutral are the words I'd use to describe my feelings for this book. How unfortunate because I was looking forward to this releasing. I can say one thing: I LOVE that cover.

Leila is as kick a** as ever. She's actually one of the things I liked about this book. She finds a way to survive torture (for the second time) and defeat the enemy, all the while keeping her boyfriend happy.

Speaking of Dracula....oh I'm sorry Vlad Dracul. He's gotten too domineering and over baring. Leila had to suffer another (third) round of torture because he was trying to protect her in a mansion everyone knew was his and that she was staying there. There was absolutely NO CHANCE, not even 0.1% that the enemy would attack, right? RIGHT?

Also what does Leila's family do for the plot/storyline? My guess: add drama. Other then a few smart remarks from Gretchen there was barely any character development whatsoever. Which was disappointing because I wanted to see if her father would finally understand what happened as a necessity and accept it as a fact of life.

Final thoughts: I will probably end up buying the next book (last?) because of the awesome cover I already envision it having, but I'm not sure I care enough about the character's at this point to actually summon up some reaction to the mild cliffhanger.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Playing dead worked when confronted with an angry grizzly, but Vlad was more like a dragon. You either fought back or you got your ass burned off while you ran away."

"The nine pounds Gretchen had gained must've come from her new brass balls."

"Because love cuts deeper than the sharpest blade, cripples more than shattered bones, and leaves scars that can never fade."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...