If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 9, 2021

Audio Book Review: Twice Tempted By Jeaniene Frost

Twice Tempted
(Night Prince #2)
By Jeaniene Frost

Narrator: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 8 hours and 16 minutes

Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges...

Leila's psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover, Vlad, has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she's also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won't admit that he loves her.

Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity...

Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |


Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)

My Review:

The story was so engaging! This author's writing style has gotten better with every book she's written and it's no different for this series so far. 

Leila is as determined and sassy as ever! I really enjoy her as a character. I love how she stands up to Vlad for things and situations she feels strongly about. I like how she's trying to communicate with Vlad by using her words and not emotional blackmail.

Vlad is getting to the point where I may end up disliking him. He makes these huge life-changing decisions/assumptions and expects Leila to agree with them regardless of what she actually wants. He isn't open to changing his ways or toning them down. Sometimes it seems like it's either his way of she gets locked in a room until she agrees or escapes him. Deep down I have a problem with him because his actions just make me feel icky.

The ending was a bombshell that I didn't remember anything about (considering this is the second time I'm reading this series!), so I was definitely surprised and intrigued. One thing I can't say about this author is that she doesn't know what she's doing when it comes to weaving a good action-packed story!

The Audio Book:

I really, really like this narrator! She's in my top 5 at this point in my audio book journey. All the characters sounded distinct enough that I didn't get lost in the dialogue. There were no strange noises in the background of the recording.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...