If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, December 31, 2021

Monthly Recap: December 2021

December!

Is it bad that I'm glad the holidays are over? They haven't had much meaning for me for a long time. Halloween is as close as I get to that feeling. Another year has gone by and we've lived to tell the tale. The Plague™ is unfortunately still going strong. At this point, I'm starting to question when our new "normal" will start to feel okay again. My allergies are still kicking my butt and my appointment with a new allergist (who will hopefully take me seriously this time) is in March. Oof. 

Happy New Year, I guess? 

Until next month!
Happy reading!

Books I Read & Listened
To In December

| eBook | Audio Book | Free Story |

  • The Wolf By J.R. Ward - This book started off very slow. When it finally got to the good stuff though it DID NOT disappoint! (My review is live here!)
  • Ruined King By C. N. Crawford - Apparently I was so meh about this book that I completely forgot I read it and therefore didn't write a review. Oops ðŸ˜…

| Audio Book | eBook | Audio Book |

  • Obsidian By Jennifer L. Armentrout - The characters were fun and entertaining. The story had a great pace to it. Daemon was even more witty and sarcastic than I remember him being. All around great story! (My review is live here!)
  • Shadow Touched By Becky Moynihan - If this author has one thing down pat it's FORESHADOWING. I don't remember the last book I read that had this much foreshadowing that kept me interested for this long. (My Review coming soon!)
  • Night Watch By Annie Anderson - This was better and than I was initially expecting it to be! The story was fun in a dark way. The characters are pretty interesting and did hold my attention. (My review is live here!)

| Audio Book | Audio Book | eBook |

  • First Drop Of Crimson By Jeaniene Frost - I love, love, love the world Jeaniene Frost has created and fleshed out with these books. I consider them to be a classic to the vampire PNR genre. The characters are great, the story is fantastic and everything is so well written! (My review is live here!)
  • Death Watch By Annie Anderson - I can't say I liked this book. It was okay. I would even say it was meh for the most part. The so-called mystery was nowhere to be found. Nothing moved forward for that storyline. All the worrying and the huge time jump didn't make for a particularly memorable story. (My review is live here!)
  • Curse Touched By Becky Moynihan - This was SUCH a good book! It was just as good as the first! The writing was steady-paced. The secondary character's shined bright in this one too. (My Review coming soon!)
Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In January

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.
Here's What Happened On
This Blog In December


I reviewed the following books & audiobooks:

Want to know my Top 12 Books Of 2021?
You can check out the full list here!


What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!
Mikky Sig 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...