If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 6, 2021

Book Review: Fae's Captive By Lily Archer


Fae's Captive
(Fae's Captive #1)
By Lily Archer

My college roommate is the worst. Cecile steals my food, brings guys over at all hours, and parties instead of studying. But those quirks pale in comparison to what she does next. She drugs me, and I wake up imprisoned in an alternate universe full of terrifying creatures.

Now, the biggest and scariest creature of all - a fae king - believes I'm his mate. He's freed me from the dungeon, but, keeps me close. So close, in fact, that I'm beginning to like his wintery gaze and ice-chiselled body. But, secrets and villains lurk throughout this new world. And I don't know if I'll survive long enough to figure out how to get back home.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)

My Review:

Having just finished a novella in a series that's exclusively standalone novellas I wasn't holding out much hope for this book (considering this is a novella-length novel). I was so surprised by how much I ended up liking this though. I loved the amount of world build and plot development in this for a novella.

For being thrown in a whole other world Taylor has some spunk to her. Though she does get hit and overall hurt quite a few times there are times when she succeeds in fighting back. I'm really interested in seeing what kind of future she has in this new world.

Leander is something, I'll give him that! He's a big brute of a guy but he saves Taylor and treats her relatively well. He's not pushy or overbearing. He's trying to have her adjust to him and their situation and that was sweet and respectful of him.

I knew walking into this book that it was going to end in a cliffhanger. From the reviews I've read for future books in this series, it's a tactic the author uses to string the reader along. I can't say I loved it because I didn't. The worst part was that it ended mid-fight. That's the worst type of cliffhanger. For now, I'll continue on this series but I would appreciate it if these cliffhangers went away.

My Favorite Quote:

"I'm not a queen. I don't even feel like an adult half the time."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...