If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 3, 2022

Book Review: Shadow Touched By Becky Moynihan

Shadow Touched
(A Touch of Vampire #1)
By Becky Moynihan

Some truths are best kept in the shadows...

At nearly eighteen, I’m months away from escaping my aunt’s secrets and lies. Except, I’m harboring a big secret of my own.

A red-eyed man cloaked in shadow has been stalking me at night.

I wanted Rosewood, Maine to be my final destination before college. My chance at normalcy. But strange, unexplainable things are threatening to derail my plans.

The red-eyed man followed me here, and he’s not the only one. Two hot guys transfer to my new high school right after I do. They track my every move, especially the aloof and mysterious Lochlan D’angelo.

As I’m sucked into a dangerous world embroiled in secrets, I start to question everything I’ve ever known. Including who I am.

Fans of Twilight, Vampire Diaries, and modern Beauty & the Beast retellings, sink your teeth into a world of dark mystery and forbidden desire.

SHADOW TOUCHED is the thrilling first installment in a steamy upper YA/NA paranormal vampire romance series. If you like enemies-to-lovers and fated mates, heartrending twists, a tough heroine, and a sexy antihero, this book is for you.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

If this author has one thing down pat it's FORESHADOWING. I don't remember the last book I read that had this much foreshadowing that kept me interested for this long. She did a great job sprinkling just enough bread crumbs into the story to keep me interested. We're talking somewhere over 70% and there was still barely anything revealed. It's an art form that very few authors can do right if you ask me.

At first, I was expecting the reveal to be a totally out-of-the-box lore but it ended up being pretty basic but not so basic. If that makes any sense? The author tweaked the concept just enough to be interesting in this new world she created and I loved it. 

Kenna was a great character to follow though I disliked how no one would tell her anything. Getting information to her was like pulling teeth in the most unpleasant way possible. I liked that when she set her mind on something she went after it with all she had. She got quite a few answers that way. The whole time I was certain there would be a loophole to her and Lochlan's situation. I'm still waiting to find that one out.

Lochlan was fantastic and the mystery and allure he propagated were on point throughout the novel. I still wish he was more open with Kenna about their situation, what she was, what being together would mean, and so on and so forth.

I'm SO damn glad Book #2 is already out. I wouldn't say this ended on a cliffhanger. It was more of a natural stopping point in the story. However, had this book ended one or two chapters earlier we would be having a completely different and very ranty and angry conversation. I really enjoyed this book! I just hope Kenna gets answers in the next book!

P.S. Aunt Tess can bite me ðŸ™ƒ

My Rating:


1 comment:

  1. Aunt Tess haha

    Glad this was good! It sounds fun! And such a great atmospheric cover!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...