If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 18, 2022

Book Review: Speak of the Demon By Stacia Stark

Speak of the Demon
(Deals with Demons #1)
By Stacia Stark 

I hunt demons.

I don’t work for them.

And I promised my mom one thing before she was murdered: Under no circumstances, would I ever go near the high demons.

But I’ll break that promise over and over again if it helps me avenge her death.

When my only lead winds up dead in the middle of demon territory, I’m suddenly in deep shit. Violence in Samael’s club is a death sentence… unless he can use you.

And it turns out that the scariest demon in the Triangle has a use for little ol’ me.

Demons are being slaughtered. His demons. And as a bounty hunter, it’s up to me to find out who would dare hurt his people.

I’ve got two weeks to find the killer, and if I fail, I’m bonded to Samael. Forever.

Samael’s certain that I’ll be his, but I’m not the kinda girl who risks her freedom for a demon.

I’m the kinda girl who won’t let anyone get in the way of her vengeance— not even the Machiavellian control freak who thinks he can run my life.

The problem? I’ve pissed the wrong people off.

Now I’m the one being hunted, and someone’s coming for me with everything they have.

But I’m never more dangerous than when my back is up against the wall.

And I’m ready to come out swinging.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)


My Review:

I had a rocky start with this novel. Though I realized that the issue was me not being in the right mood for this book when I initially picked it up (Hi! I'm your friendly neighborhood Mood Reader™ nice to meet you!). Overall, this book was very good! The universe the author set out to create was interesting and complex. The characters were three-dimensional and fascinating. You couldn't help but root for a few even though they had their sketchy moments and motivations.

Danica was a bad*ss! She was holding down a job even though her circumstances were rough while still doing everything possible to figure out what happened to her mother. Of course things went from bad to worse and that's where to story really kicks off. I enjoyed her journey but it didn't end with just this one book.

Samael was one of those characters that you started to like and then he gave you 5 different horrible reasons to not like him but you still kinda-sorta like him anyway? Yeah, I'll just leave it at that. He's charming in all the right ways and scary when need be.

I really enjoyed Ag and Vas throughout the story. The dynamic they and Danica had together was quite refreshing and provided great comic relief from a heavy storyline when needed.

The ending. I really thought for a second there that Danica was going to accomplish all her goals and be free. I'm interested in how she's going to deal with her current situation and Samael moving forward. There are already quite a few books in this series so it's looking like it'll be a long journey.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...