If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Monthly Recap: December 2018


December!

Good News: I finally know what's going so wrong with my eyes.

Bad News: It's an allergy and there isn't much that can be done about it.

The most annoying thing is that even after getting a lot of blood tests done (which is already a big feat in and of itself because I faint very easily) no one knows what I'm allergic to and no doctor really wants to find out. Surprisingly the ophthalmologist had more to say than the allergist (whose face I hope to never see again). He concluded that considering I've tested negative to so many common everyday allergies that it's probably something in the air that I can't really do anything about. His plan: prescribe me some allergy specific eye drops and wish me luck. He also recommended that I consider moving to a beach town or a rural/farm town because the air in those types of places are probably less polluted than the city I'm currently living in (which has an active large scale steel factory present and, from my research, could also have pollen in the air at this time of year which is a common allergen). 

Conclusion, if I already read at a slower pace this occurrence, in the very least, just doubled that. So audio books just became my most prized possessions and the most comfortable way I have of reading. I'm also looking forward to waiting out the pollen season here in Brazil to see if I can even get a vague idea of what it is that I'm allergic to. Having my body overreact to microscopic particles in the air is a wonderful way to end the year, wouldn't you say?

Books I Read & Listened
To In December
      • Reckless By Sybil Bartel - I've said it before and I'll say it again I love the writing style and overall pace of the stories this author writes! (My review is live here!)
      • Where We Began By Nora Flite - This was a good book, but the synopsis led me to believe this was going to be much much darker than it was. (Full review coming soon!)
      • The Princess Saves Herself In This One By Amanda Lovelace - With that said, I can't say I'm very impressed. This book features dark subject matters like abuse, eating disorders, etc. and as much as I can respect that it felt like something was missing. (My review is live here!)

      • Witchblade (2017) #10 I like how the story is progressing but all the jumping around was making me feel even more lost than I already was. (My review is live here!)
      • The Blackstone Legacy By Apryl BakerI'm pretty sure I made a mistake picking up this book first. The synopsis, to my sleep-deprived brain, sounded interesting and didn't state that I specifically needed to read the other books in the series to understand this one. (Full review coming soon!)
      • Sin & Chocolate By K. F. Breene - I've tried and failed to read through quite a few books by this author. The stories and concepts she writes about are amazing but the writing style isn't for me. (Full review coming soon!)

      Books I Can't Wait To Get My Hands On In January
      * Book titles are linked to Goodreads.


      9th

      Witchblade (2017) #11 |


      15th

      Nevermore |


      17th


      Here's What Happened On This Blog In December

      I rambled on about the following topics:

      I reviewed the following books & audio books:

      I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday Meme:
      Awesome Posts I Came Across In December

      This month was a hard month so I didn't do much blog hopping and totally forgot to save any links. I'll do better next month!

      What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
      Let me know in the comments below!

      Mikky Sig 2

      6 comments:

      1. Aw sorry to hear that! And how frustrating that the doctors are being less than helpful. I think sometimes some doctors think they've seen it all and if it's not easily categorized they don't want to dig too deep. I don't know, but I hope you get some answers. And feel better!

        Witchblade looks fun, I've been reading mostly graphic novels due to not being motivated over the holidays to read much, but I've never read Witchblade.

        Happy 2019!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Doctors have become a pain in my side these last few months. The day I meet a doctor that actually wants to do his job the world may end. Witchblade is fun! Graphic novels have been a big help in keeping my GR goal intact. I'd recommend you give it a try :)

          Delete
      2. Hmm, he suggested moving, like that's such a simple thing to do. SMH. I hope they are able to prescribe something that will make you more comfortable.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Apparently money is falling from the sky these days and I'm the only one out the know. The best part about all that is that I had to pay to have someone tell me that LOL

          Delete
      3. Ugh, so sorry to hear about your eyes and the lack of any real help for them. Hopefully things will clear up when the pollen is gone. And I'm glad that audiobooks are helping you to continue to enjoy reading!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. That's if I'm having a reaction to the pollen. I could be having a reaction to the gunk the steel factory is pouring into the air all year round (which would be worse to a degree). I'm hoping its pollen so I get some relief in the months of the year where it isn't everywhere. Audiobooks are the best right now! :)

          Delete

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...