If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 24, 2018

Book Review: Do You Like My Wiener? By Brenda Rothert

Do You Like My Wiener?:
A Non-Expert's No-Nonsense Guide To Dating
By Brenda Rothert

With laugh-out-loud mishaps and heartfelt advice, bestselling romance author Brenda Rothert shows readers that while dating these days can be the worst, great men aren’t just fictional.

Ladies, we’ve all been there…a good first date is wrapping up and we’re sure a second date is likely after a great goodnight kiss beside our car. He’s tall, funny and charming. FINALLY a good one. He asks to get in the car, which seems natural since it’s cold outside. And then, once inside, another kiss, and he exposes himself and asks us if we like his wiener.

Wait, what? You haven’t been there? Guess that one only happened to me. What about the guy who spends most of a first date complaining bitterly about his ex-wife? The one with the guy who cops to his criminal record over dessert?

Dating these days can leave a girl frustrated and disgusted. But fear not, I’m here to help. I’m a veteran dater, having spent a fair amount of time in the cheap-cologne scented trenches. And while I am admittedly not an expert, I can help you avoid my mistakes.

I’ll show you how to prepare yourself for dating, how to spot the red flags and how to laugh off the misadventures you will inevitably have. And hopefully, how to avoid an awkward wiener encounter of your own.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

It looks like I was expecting too much out of this book because I can't say it was worth the time and money I, essentially, invested in it to come out the other side with no new information whatsoever. I assumed (NOTE: assuming is where I went wrong) that this book was going to be similar, in style, to Mark Manson's The Art Of Not Giving A F%$* (which I adored!). What I mean by that is I thought it was going to have a set structure of 1. Facts from experts in the "field"; 2. How the author liked to think of it in a simplified manner; 3. How the author tried to work what the expert said would yield the best results and how it worked or didn't work for her; 4. Any funny or heartbreaking story about what was just said from either her life or a friend's dating life.

The synopsis oversold the content in this book quite a bit. I expected to read about, at least, a few laugh-out-loud stories of dates that went wrong and maybe a heartfelt relationship that was doomed from the beginning. What was actually present in the book was maybe a handful of barely fleshed out stories or small tidbits that were never brought up again.

However, the overall message in this novel was awesome. It empowers women to not settle for the first guy that treats you like a human being. It encourages having a healthy relationship lifestyle by making time for friends and family as well as the relationship. It's repeated throughout the book how everyone is human and how everyone deserves to be treated kindly and with respect. 

This book, in essence, was a rather big article on how to be in a relationship and/or online date with common sense and safety. I understand that maybe someone who wants to start online dating would rather read a book on it than research a few basic terms. So in that regard, I'm not the right audience for this book.

My Favorite Quotes: (This book is SO quotable!)

"My philosophy is that putting positive energy into the world is a good thing. And eventually, it will pay off."

"Sometimes our instincts guide us toward something because, deep down, we know we may need it someday."

"Try. Celebrate. Commiserate. Live. Learn. repeat. You'll reach your goal eventually."

"Whatever you do, don't give up. You're worthy of having whatever is it you dream of."

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Sorry this was a disappointment. I am glad you were able to at least enjoy the overall message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that this book also has amazing quotes! The message was one of two things that made this book worth something in the end :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...