If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, December 13, 2019

Book Tag: End Of The Decade Book Tag


This tag was created by Cat (Booktuber - Brews And Reviews)! Be sure to watch her video after reading this post! I won't be tagging anyone so feel free to do this yourself. Leave your links in the comments below so I can check them out!

Here’s how the tag works:
The decades have been split into three sections: 2010-2013, 2014-2016 and 2017-2019. For every section, there are five questions about the books you read and after everything is said and done there are two general questions to finish off the tag. 
__________________________
2010-2013

1. How much did you read?

I have no record of the number of books I read in 2010 - 2012! I used to keep them in a word document to see if I could get to 100 books a year but somewhere along the way and a few computers later I ended up losing the file so I can only guess.

According to my first Goodreads account (started in 2010), I read a total of 123 books from 2010 - 2012. Though I don't think that's very accurate because I wasn't using it as diligently as I was using my word doc, so it's probably quite a bit off. I know for a fact that I read more back then than I read today. 2013 was the year I created my blog and according to Goodreads, I read a total of 42 books.

2. What genre did you read the most?

Almost exclusively paranormal romance and contemporaries.
Not much has changed!

3. What were your favorite books and authors?



Abbi Glines & Jennifer Armentrout's books were everything to me! They could do wrong in my opinion back then!

(Linked to the author's Goodreads page)

4. Is there a book you wish you’d read during this time period?






I think if the Angelbound Origins Series By Christina Bauer was around I would have adored it back then! I was just starting out with the paranormal romance genre and I didn't know what I liked and disliked. This series would have rocked my socks off when I was younger!








5. Do you have any regrets about your reading during this time period?

Yes. In my search for paranormal romance books, I went into adult books at a very young age. I don't think YA (young adult) was a very prominent thing in 2010 and I was transitioning from reading only middle-grade mystery books to "teenage" vampire books. I went from swimming in the shallow end to diving into the deep end before I figured out how to swim.
__________________________
2014-2016

1. How much did you read?

2014: 57 Books
2015: 40 Books
2016: 57 Books

2. What genre did you read the most?

Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy & Contemporaries

3. What were your favorite books and authors?

The books that stand out to me from these years are The Veil Series By Pippa DaCosta and the On The Ropes Series By Aly Martinez!



I adored and still adore Pippa Dacosta, Jus Accardo & Annette Marie! I discovered these three authors in this time span and I'm still addicted to their titles to this day!

| Pippa DaCosta | Jus Accardo | Annette Marie |

4. Is there a book you wish you’d read during this time period?

No, by this point I've already grown up and had decided the kinds of books I like to read. I'm a mood reader so not every book is for every mood but I can read anything from YA to adult urban fantasy and be happy!

5. Do you have any regrets about your reading during this time period?

Also no! The YA genre at this point was on fire (in a good way) and I got to read a lot of awesome books due to that!
__________________________
2017-2019

1. How much did you read?

2017: 64 Books
2018: 67 Books
2019: 82 Books & Counting

2. What genre did you read the most?

I'm beginning to think I'm a broken record at this point:
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy & Contemporaries

3. What were your favorite books and authors?

My favorite books from these years are hands down
the Crossbreed Series By Dannika Dark!



My favorite authors from these years are Dannika Dark and Sybil Bartel!

| Dannika Dark | Sybil Bartel |

4. Is there a book you wish you’d read during this time period?

No! I'm happy with the books I read during this time and I'm looking forward to continuing the habit going forward!

5. Do you have any regrets about your reading during this time period?

I regret not going back and restarting the Black Dagger Brotherhood series all over again instead of skipping books like an idiot. I missed so much because of that! I also wish I liked the narrator for the audio books so I could do it that way when my eyes aren't cooperating with me.
__________________________
* When did you find Book Blogs/Booktube and/or did it change your reading habits? If so how?

I'm pretty sure I found out book blogs were a thing in 2011 or 2012. That was also when I started finding more books in the genre I was looking to get to know because I found blogs that catered to me as an audience. I still remember which book blog I found first and stuck from there on out: YA Reads.

How do you think your reading has changed over the last decade?

I don't think it's changed much! I still read predominantly paranormal romance and urban fantasy. What I think has developed more is my taste in books and writing styles. I'm also much better at figuring out what I like and dislike in books before I even pick them up.

Over the last decade, I read a total of
532 Books!

What was your favorite book of the decade?
Let me know if you can't decide in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...