If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Book Review: Ties That Bind By Pippa DaCosta

Ties That Bind
(The Veil #5)
By Pippa DaCosta


Expected publication: April 20th 2015

“I am fire. I am destruction. I will be their nightmare.”

The veil fell. Demons are here. Muse knows she can stop the slaughter, but to do so, she must return to the battle-scarred streets of Boston and face the cold, hard, truth. Her old life is ashes. Her love, turned to dust. But all is not lost; a spark of hope remains. A spark from which an inferno can blaze.

To stop the demons claiming Earth as their own, Muse must unite those capable of repairing the veil. The Dark Court, led by her Prince of Lust father, seek to recruit her to their cause. They want the veil destroyed for good; for chaos to reign for eternity. She will need to manoeuvre around their deadly intentions, and enlist the King of Hell’s help, before it’s too late.

For Muse to succeed, she must survive her father, save her soul, resurrect her love, forgive her enemies, and betray a trust. She must be everything she can be—demon and human. She must be their nightmare.

***
In this, the fifth and final Veil Series book, we return to where it all began. To the netherworld, where once a wretched half-blood girl surprised the Prince of Greed. To a world where ‘hope’ is fantasy, and ‘love’ a disease.

Muse is ready to take the fight to the demons. Are you?
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:


* I was provided an eARC of this book by the author in exchange of an honest review.
"Half bloods don't get happy endings..."
At least that quote only turned out to be half true. Though it was an awesome ride I still didn't like how it all turned out for you know who. It felt like the world got twisted on it's axis and I was the only one still hanging on for dear life after it was over.

Muse finally got her deserved happy ending. With the gang of course, but there may be one or two missing you never know -wink,wink-. In this book Muse finally knew what she was capable of and boy did she show it! Without Akil hovering around she's stronger then she's lead on. I was proud C:

Stefan was Stefan. He's proved yet again that he'd go to the end of the world and back for Muse. I can't really say anything about the role he plays in this final book because I'd be giving away a few huge spoilers. So for the last time: TEAM STEFAN! C:

Akil almost proved me right, then he proved me wrong and even after the story ended (there's an epilogue!! -squee-) he still proved me wrong. It will forever be a mystery to me if that man/demon has a heart and knows how to use it or not.

This was a bitter goodbye. I still wanted Muse to go on the Date with Stefan. I still want to know if what Akil said in the epilogue will eventually happen again. If so, who will save them all then? I still have so many unanswered questions. This feels like I'm saying goodbye to a friend.

My Favorite Quotes:

"The best of friends are the ones who know you're a mass murderer, and they still stick around - with a back-up plan."

"Whatever happens, know that I love you. I've always loved you. Since you walked into my workshop and blew my world to bits, I hated you, but I loved you too. I love your smile, your laugh, and how I know you'll always try. I love how you'll fight until there's nothing left worth fighting for. You're my hope, Stefan."

"I cried for a love recognized only when it was lost. And I cried because, for the first time in what felt like forever, I could hope, from that moment on, that I was truly free."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...