If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Book Review: Drowning In The Dark By Pippa Dacosta


Drowning In The Dark
(The Veil #4)
By Pippa Dacosta


Expected Publication: February 27th 2015

“I wasn’t demon enough to defeat my brother before. Things have changed.”
As the veil begins to fall, and the demons bleed through onto the streets of Boston, Muse knows the battle is lost before it’s even begun.

To make matters worse, Adam and the Institute have captured Akil at a time when the city has never needed him more. Muse believes Akil’s incarceration is a ruse, because if he truly is at the mercy of the Institute, she must choose which side she’ll fight for. Human or demon?

The princes are coming. Valenti, Muse’s immortal half-brother, leads the charge. The Institute is not ready, the people of Boston are not prepared, but one man is. Stefan knows what it will take to beat back the netherworld. Will his demon allow him the freedom to right his wrongs?

Muse’s loyalty will be tested. To save those she loves, she must give up that which she cherishes most. Her humanity.

The Mother of Destruction is about to go nuclear. 
Available At:
| Amazon |


Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

*I was provided an eARC by the author in exchange of an honest review.

I am both satisfied and outraged when the topic of discussion is this book. I got my heart ripped out and handed to me on a silver plater a handful of times. I almost shed a tear for, dare I say it, Akil. This story was one heck of a ride that ended mid fall.

Muse is just as beat up and bruised as ever. She's been rolling with the punches for some time now. When she finally decides that Akil is a lesser evil, when the consequence is her continued suffering, and asks him for help the institute rears it's ugly head and ruins EVERYTHING. The institute is the thorn in everyone hindquarters. 

Akil is as secretive as ever when it comes to what's going to happen in the future (because apparently he's had insider information all along). This time around it seems he's found he has feelings. I don't know if he's being truthful or just messing with Muse's/reader's head.

Stefan's finally back to being a more serious version of his original self. I was hoping/praying/dreaming that would happen. I couldn't give up on him. He has his struggle's, but the important thing is that he's back and willing to help. Stefan ♡ Muse!

That ending made me shed a tear. OK, maybe I paused my reading and had a few quiet minutes of ugly cry. The uncertainty of it all was the worse part. If Muse/I knew for sure what actually happened I could find closure, but even that wasn't possible. The last two lines in the last chapter of this book were one heck of a cliffhanger. 

Conclusion: I don't appreciate cliffhangers, especially one as heart wrenching and disturbing as this one. I want the next book. Now.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Don't look at me and see a survivor. I'm not human, not any more. If the demon wants, it gets. I have no control. None."

"Give it room to move, let it fester too long, and hate could smother the brightest spark of love."

"He was afraid of me, for me, for those around me. He was my mentor, my guardian, and if need be, my executioner."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...