If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Book Review: Fighting Solitude By Aly Martinez

Fighting Solitude
(On the Ropes #3)
By Aly Martinez

I was born a fighter. Abandoned by my parents, I spent my life forging my own path—one guided by my fists and paved with pain.

Untouchable in the ring, I destroyed everyone who faced me, but that’s where my victories ended. Outside the ropes, I repeatedly failed the few people who loved me. Including my best friend, Liv James—the one person I’d die to protect.

Even though I didn’t deserve her, Liv never stopped believing in me. Never gave up. Never let go. After all, she understood what I’d lost, because she’d lost it too. 

Liv was everything to me, but she was never truly mine.

That was going to change.

I lost my first love, but I refused to lose my soulmate.

Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.
 
Fighting to be the man she deserves. 

Fighting the solitude of our pasts. 

Fighting for her.
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I can't even begin to express how much I adore this series. Every single book in this series has made me cry at least one time while reading. All the books are so emotionally potent that I'm at a loss for words.

Mrs. Martinez has a way with her writing, that even something as boring as a backstory to her main characters becomes interesting along the way. It also blows my mind how she got me (as a reader) to care so much about a character who was eventually going to be gone by the first chapter.

Quarry (AKA 'Q') is incredibly stubborn and tries to live how he wants to live. As stubborn as he is, he's also loyal and caring to a fault. He will do anything and everything in his power, if it means harm will not to come to those he loves. 

Liv is a traumatized little girl who's feisty and stands up for herself. She had it rough in the first few years of her life and even though everything turned around the trauma is still there. The amazing thing is that she doesn't let it hold her back from experiencing life and love.

I hope this isn't the last book in this series (even though it REALLY felt like the end because of all the different point of views in the last chapter of this novel). I enjoy Mrs. Martinez's writing and will probably be picking up some of her other books in the near future.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Our happy lives were nothing more than a gentle melody that lulls you into a nightmare."

"Every single day, I smiled. Every single day, I lived. Every single day, I laughed."

"Reality didn't seem like the right word at all. That moment felt a whole lot like fantasy to me."

"Losing you is frightening. Trusting you not to break me is petrifying."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...