If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, January 15, 2016

TV Show Review: Shadowhunters Pilot (S01E01)

Shadowhunters:
The Mortal Instruments
(TV Series - 2016)


Season: 01
Episode: 01
Release Date: Jan. 12th
Clary Fray is a normal teenager living in Brooklyn with her mother. One day, she discovers that she is descended from a line of Shadowhunters; humans born with angelic blood that fight to protect our world from demons. After her mother is kidnapped, Clary must team up with these Shadowhunters: Jace, Alec and Isabelle and her best friend Simon on a quest to find her mother and recover her past.
My Review:

I will first admit that I have read the first book in the Mortal Instruments series and was not a big fan once upon a time. This was way back in 2009 when I was beginning my ride on the book-a-holic express train. I had no idea what book fandoms were and I had not become a fan girl of any book series myself at that time.

I remember seeing this book all over the few book blogs I followed and it took about two years of me seeing this book to finally get me to pick it up. To say the least I was not overjoyed by its existence and couldn't really see what everyone saw in it. What made me hate it so much? The ending. I was just disgusted by it and very turned off. I did pick up the second book, but gave up not even 30% into it because everyone was so depressed due to the ending of book one and I REALLY couldn't stand it.

This pilot episode, on the other hand, has really given me something to think about. I see they've changed a few details based on the little I remember about the book. I really liked that the storyline started with Clary being 18 and not 15 (which is the age the original book picked up). My favorite character by far is Isabelle. Her attitude, witty banter and out look on every situation is epic to me.

I like how the series presented itself in its first episode. I hope Jace grows on me and that Simon whines a little less as the series grows. Overall, I really am excited for the second episode.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...