If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 24, 2019

Book Review: When Fate Aligns By A. K. Koonce

When Fate Aligns
(The Mortals and Mystics #1)
By A. K. Koonce

One beautifully lethal hybrid-vampire. That’s all it took for Fallon’s structured, and mundane life to irreversibly change.

Fallon unknowingly helps the hybrid escape imprisonment and is thrown into a new life where she is now the hunted. A hidden world of cryptic creatures and alluring witches is unveiled to her, her mortal eyes seeing the mystics for the first time. What she doesn’t know is the hybrid sought out the one human he can both help and harm.

With only a Crimson Sword, a small group of friends, and a few useless mortal weapons, they find themselves closer and closer to death every day. Running from endless enemies—both man, and monster—to a destination unknown, Fallon must decide if she’ll risk her own life to save his...
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This book has been on my TBR pile for years and I'm SO sorry I didn't get to it earlier! This was a very intriguing story with a different take on vampires and the mythology behind them. The world the author constructed left me wanting to know more.

Fallon proved to be a kick-butt heroine! She may have been raised in a dystopian world where the government controls everything about your life but the fight never left her. Her mother set these events in motion so she could have a chance at "normal" or as normal as can be the world they live in.

Number 44 really stood out to me for some reason. I like how he's also a fighter but respectful and caring of the people that helped him. The plan they set in motion was for his benefit in a way as well but he wasn't forcing Fallon into it.

The ending broke my heart! You can do whatever the heck you want to the characters but don't you dare hurt an innocent dog trying to protect their owner! I'm really interested to know what happens next!

My Favorite Quotes:

"I don't ask serious questions. Because deep down, I know it's safer not knowing."

"Sometimes you don't see the gifts you're given. You count your losses, not knowing there are more things out there worth gaining."

"But your future is here. We can't change the past no matter how often we revisit it [...]."

My Rating:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...