If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Eight "Older" Books The Shouldn't Be Forgotten

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

I don't really pay attention to specific settings in the stories I read. So with that said, I'll be switching this weeks topic to:

Eight "Older" Books The
Shouldn't Be Forgotten

* Book covers linked to Goodreads.

1. Need Series
By Carrie Jones

I have very fond memories of this series! I'm still a hardcore Astley fan, so not much has changed. This was one of the first series I read that involved faeries. It's been a while since I've revisited this series. I truly hope it stood the test of time!




2. Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy
By J. A. London

I was high on my vampire kick when I read this trilogy and I remember loving it! It features an interesting dystopian society with some great twists and turns.



3. Midnight Liaisons Series
By Jessica Sims

I picked this up probably around the start of my paranormal romance kick. This was different from all the other PNR that I was reading up to that point and it really struck a chord with me. I would love for the author to add to this series in the future!



4. Paranormalcy Series
By Kiersten White

Something about paranormals having an agency that "polices" them and a young paranormal girl being in the middle of it all is the set up for an incredible adventure!




5. Significance Series
By Shelly Crane

This series is responsible for introducing me to the soul mates trope. I like how even though insta-love was a thing that happened the characters did their best to get to know each other and keep things at a steady pace.



6. Strange Angels Series
By Lili St. Crow

Even though I disliked the ending this series had I still love the world the author created! Everything is so scary and life-and-death. It makes for awesome adventures!



7. Faeriewalker Series
By Jenna Black

This is another one of the few faerie series that struck a chord in me. I love the universe the author built. I wish there were plans to add to this series. I have to say how unfortunate the audio book they made for the first book was. The narrator sounds like a little boy and doesn't go with the series in the slightest.


8. Shadow Falls
By C. C. Hunter

I love the variety of supernatural creatures these books feature all living in relative harmony. The mystery it creates from the start is captivating!






What "older" books shouldn't be forgotten in your opinion?
Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the Paranormalcy series. The idea of a paranormal agency appeals to me as well. And I've only read one Jenna Black book but I would definitely read more faerie stories by her.

    Born at Midnight looks super familiar, I think I might have looked at that series before! It sounds good the way you describe it, I'll have to take another look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paranormalcy has a very interesting take on paranormals! I've sent an email to her in the past inquiring about the possibility of more faerie books and her answer was unfortunately no :/

      Born At Midnight probably looks familier because it was all over so many blogs during its release a few years ago. To this day I still see it pop up here and there :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...