If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, March 1, 2019

My Ramblings: What Blogging Has Taught Me


What Blogging Has Taught Me

The past 5 years of blogging have taught me quite a few lessons and has solidified even more life lessons. Here's a few:

1. Author's are people. Just because I look up to them it doesn't make them infallible or their actions excusable (depending on the situation of course).

2. Getting physical ARC's from US-based publishers while being an international blogger who reviews exclusively in english is such a hard and huge feat to overcome. I have still to overcome it.

3. The balancing act of having an active book blog and dealing with what life throws at you is a delicate one. Things can quickly spiral, one way or the other.

4. Putting yourself out there is hard but it's totally worth it! I'm still working to overcome this fear of mine in certain situations.

5. You'll encounter a lot of people that live for the drama (no matter how small the original situation was). Negativity leads no one anywhere so beware :)

What lessons have blogging and/or life taught you?
Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Balancing the blog with real life is tough, I agree. Blogging is so time consuming! You're right, it's a delicate balance...

    And I can imagine the physical ARC thing is tough, being an international blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like one of the few people, who doesn't want physical ARCs, though getting my first promo box made me feel like I had arrived. And yes! Trying to balance life, work, and blogging is really challenging. I rally struggled this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of getting a physical ARC but, if I'm being honest, with the way my eyes are reading a physical book isn't comfortable like it once was. I love me an ebook where I can adjust the text size. The dream would be to receive an extravagant promo box! Balance will always be key :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...