If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, February 25, 2019

Audio Book Review: Moon Severed By Jennifer Snyder


Moon Severed
(Mirror Lake Wolves #3)
By Jennifer Snyder

Length: 4 hours and 21 minutes
Narrator: Nicole Blessing

Sometimes admitting defeat is the only option...

Mina thought her questions would be answered once Violet woke. Instead, she learned Violet doesn't know any more than she does about who's behind the pack member disappearances. However, there is something wrong with Violet. Her werewolf healing should have kicked in days ago, but it hasn't.

Continuing the search for answers is the only option Mina sees. Too bad the alpha has given Eli and Mina a chaperone who's hell-bent on making sure their every move is one of caution.

While slow and steady might win the race, it hinders the discovery of a missing pack member and leaves the newly formed trio with only one option: Mina giving herself over to the vampire in charge as a prisoner.

Return to the world of werewolves and mystery in book three of the Mirror Lake Wolves series and get ready for more action and suspense!
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

This series is slowly starting to get better, but it's still barely averaging out as what I would consider a 3 star story. I appreciate how much bigger the world the author created is becoming but it still feels like something is missing somehow.

Mina still has the personality of a wall. Things seem to bounce off her because of how dense she is. Until she has an ah-ha moment and goes after/does whatever it is she intends to do. Though I will say that her conversations/disagreements with Dorian were the closest she ever come to having an interesting personality.

The love triangle seems to be over but I feel like I need to call BS or something. It was resolved WAY too easily and with no apparent consequences. The guy who "lost" almost seemed to have the ability to read minds or see the future. He was calm in an icky way (if that makes sense) and it's still making me apprehensive.

Eli was great as always! I like how he can joke around with Mina and still be serious and command authority when needed. The bet they have is also very adorable and I'm somewhat invested in their story now.

I was SO glad to see almost nothing of Alec in this story. I despise the kid. Even more so now with the revelation of what his uncle did/does(?). He does nothing for this story or Mina. There doesn't seem to be all this chemistry Mina keeps talking about between them. It almost feels like wishful thinking of both their parts.

The mystery Mina and Eli have been trying to solve gets a few revelations in this novel. It's not much but it's a start. I think their plan going forward is ludicrous. Though I'm still invested in this series, it feels more like a trainwreck that I can't look away from at this point.

Overall this series and its characters are getting easier to read about because I'm somewhat invested in the mystery that's been presented. 

The Audio Book:

This series as a whole continues to be on the list of the handful (as of now) books that I can only listen to sped up to 1.25x. The narrator just isn't for me. She doesn't have a good range of male and female voices. She also loves long pauses in between words that I can't stand for more than a few minutes at a time. Her voice sped up sounds completely normal, if that doesn't speak volumes I don't know what does.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...