If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, February 28, 2022

Book Review: Luna Wolf By G. Bailey


Luna Wolf
(The Moon Alpha #1)
By G. Bailey & Regan Rosewood

I’ve been rejected by everyone—but an alpha heir wants me to be his pretend mate.

As the only wolf shifter in my pack not to shift, being rejected from my home when I turned eighteen was not unexpected when the shifter war is so close. But being sent to a secret academy full of immortal wolf shifters, demons, and teachers with no morals wasn’t something I planned for.

Luna Alpha Academy is for rejects only.

They choose wolves that no one cares about if they go missing and if I can survive long enough to learn the dark magic they teach, I might even be welcome back home as a wolf-witch.

Only catch?

My tutor is a hot shifter asshole who takes what he wants—this time it’s me.

In exchange for extra training, Atlas wants me to pretend to be his.

Every kiss, every possessive touch, every growl to anyone that comes near me only makes me want him more.

But I can’t have him. Not really.

He’s the alpha heir.

I’m a wolf who can’t even shift.

We don’t belong together, and it’s fake. It can’t ever be real.

Dark magic is my future and my only way back to my pack.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

I liked this book so much! Though there were a few things that annoyed me it was overall a very good experience. I'm very invested in this story and its characters, so I'm anxiously anticipating the next book release!

One of these things that I wanted more of was background to the world the authors created. This could have been easily inserted had the heroine actually been shown attending classes (aside from her fighting/training classes that is). Having teachers spout off about the history is pretty interesting if you ask me.

The heroine (Nyx) started off so disheartened with her circumstances. I hated how her "pack" treated her. The "traditions" can rot in a grave for all I care. I liked how she evolved when she had people who wanted her to succeed helping her through everything. The chemistry she had with Altas was coming off the pages with how potent it was. My one qualm with her specifically: the body shaming. She says and others point out how curvacious she is when from what's been put in the book she's actually not? (That's my interpretation of it at least! I hope I'm wrong!) The cover doesn't do a great job showing it either. Or maybe people think that the model on the cover is curvy? I look at her and see a rather thin person with an average weight, not curvy. Maybe it was the way that the heroine described herself I thought she was supposed to be mid to plus sized? So maybe that's on me?

Onto another tangent: Nyx's necklace! I thought it was something important to the plot and then it's never mentioned again. #Oops

Addison (the cliché bully) was really grating until the last few pages in the last chapter of this story. All the times where she was unhinged actually made sense and was a reaction (*ahem* overreaction) to an actual circumstance. Her doing what she did had a basis in reality and I kind of just feel sorry for her now considering what Altas is putting her through. 

Until I got to the last chapter I would have told you that I really liked Altas. That even though he started off as an *ss he got better about it shortly after. BUT with that ending, I would also like to see him rot in a ditch thank you very much.

One last annoyance I had with this novel, in general, was grammar and the lack of contractions in the dialogue specifically. It's not bad enough to ruin the book but it was enough to pull me out of the story. I'd like to see this book get another round of editing for grammar and overall clarity because there are some sections that get confusing.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...