If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Upcoming Releases I’m On the Fence About

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Upcoming Releases I’m
On the Fence About

* Book titles linked to Goodreads.

The Women's War
(Women's War #1)
By Jenna Glass

I'll start by pointing out that this is Jenna Black writing as Jenna Glass. I've read a few books by Jenna Black a few years ago and as much as I want to support her other books I don't think this book is for me. Epic fantasy is a little ways off of where I typically spend my time under the umbrella that is the fantasy genre. I've read a few reviews and most are saying that it's an average read. I don't know what to do at this point.


I have a love/hate relationship with this series. I adore the earlier books but (with the exception of the Blood Legacy spin-off series) most of the recent releases haven't been favorites of mine. I find Murhder to be a fascinating character to learn about and deal with but do I really want to put myself through his story and an extra story that's interwoven into everything so I get the amazing opportunity to skim like my life depends on it to get to the story that I actually want to read? Decisions, decisions.

Hard Limit
(Alpha Antihero #1)
By Sybil Bartel

Right off the bat, I'll start by telling you that I don't/have never (I don't think) picked up a book about an antihero. The character that's featured in this novel has made a few appearances in a book or two of another series of hers. He was this heinous and ruthless man who has had a small redeeming arc in one of those books. I keep asking myself if I really want to see him get fully redeemed and live a "happy" life after what he's "done" in other books to good people. I'm not sure how to answer that. I don't want to see him get a happily ever after but I'm also way too curious about what he's actually like way below the facade of bad guy/antihero.



This. Series. I have a history of not liking the first two books and skipped the last book all together BUT I'm curious in a trainwreck sort of way with this continuation/spin-off/POV-change this novel has going on. I will fully admit that I disliked Zayne as a pair for Layla. He was stupid when it came to her but he was the "good guy" in the love triangle and I can't fault him for that. With that being said I REALLY want to know his story because the universe the author created is interesting. I hope the writing style has evolved enough to give this story a faster pace and less flowery descriptions (if I'm remembering the first two books correctly) though. A Note: Would it kill someone to make it so this series has well designed and matching covers for once in my lifetime?!

What upcoming releases are you on the fence about?
Let me know in the comments below!

9 comments:

  1. Great list! Thanks for bringing The Women's War to my attention, I really like the sound of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I could be of service! I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  2. Your thoughts about The Woman's War make total sense.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone seems to be loving the JLA book. I have yet to read one, though. (I know! How is that possible?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was once a worshipper of JLA. I usually love the concept her stories have but I've learned to not like very descriptive writing and slow paced books so I, in essence, kind of grew out of her books (if that makes sense). That's VERY surprising! She has a few contemporary romances that are fun if you need a place to start I'd recommend those :)

      Delete
  4. I think I've read one Jenna Black (Nightstruck) and there was a sequel I never got to. And hope storm and Fury is good if you choose to read it! I haven't read JLA yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read quite a few books by Jenna Black but I never got to Nightstruck. FaerieWalker is still my favorite series of hers! I hope so too! Wow so maybe JLA isn't as popular as I once thought?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...