If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, February 21, 2022

Audio Book Review: Star Cursed By Elizabeth Briggs

Star Cursed
(Zodiac Wolves #2)
By Elizabeth Briggs

Narrator: Lia Langola
Length: 8 hours and 13 minutes

My fated mate rejected me, and now he wants me back. I'd rather die.

I'm being held captive by my worst enemies, the Leo pack. My fated mate is their new alpha, and he says he has big plans for me. For us.

But no matter how much the mate bond tries to convince me he's the one, there's another man I can't stop thinking about: the alpha of the lost pack. My new pack.

Kaden thinks I went willingly with my mate and turned my back on him. I don't know if he's coming for me, but I'm not giving up 'til I find my way back to him—and to my new family.

I'm an Ophiuchus. I'm Moon Touched. And my enemies have underestimated me for far too long.

Star Cursed is the second book in the scorching hot Zodiac Wolves series.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series: 
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

Had you asked me if I hated cliffhangers this much before I started this series my answer would've been no. I would have elaborated by saying that I used to hate them but that it was something that I had put behind me and had since gotten to understand the need for certain cliffhangers in certain books. I don't know what it is about the way this story is being told/written but these cliffhangers make me irrationally angry. They stop in the worse moments possible and leave the characters in such anguish simply because the author *can*.

I've said it in the review of the first book and I'll repeat it here. This story is good. It's very well-written and well-paced. The characters are complex and interesting. The big bad(s) are big and they are BAD. Had I gotten to this series when all the books were already published I would probably be having a different reaction right now. Can you tell my frustration is turning into annoyance yet?

I guess I just want the heroine and hero to get a break. Maybe not having all these are they still alive or actually dead cliffhangers would help with what I'm feeling? All I know is that I'll be making a note to not pick up books by this author until after the series is complete because I don't want to feel this way after finishing a book if I can help it.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...